NYX rocking

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Yeah, he told me that I couldn't enter an order untill the following day. I then explained that the options are definetly trading and that I had just called the CBOE floor, which is why I asked him if I could use IB's order desk to enter an order. I have no idea why he said no to that.

#31     Mar 13, 2006
  2. NYX made it onto the SHO list on Friday.

#32     Mar 19, 2006
  3. jsmooth

jsmooth

What is the SHO list?

#33     Mar 19, 2006
  4. rcj

rcj

5. So what kind of news is this, good or bad? I saw the news this morning that www.BuyIns.net added them to their fail to deliver list.
    To me this means that there are people buying the stock and the other side of the trades are short sellers. The short seller's prime brokers can not borrow the stock as it seems to be in high demand.
    I don't know what it means though as I can't find any publication of disclosed short positions.
    Will more new buyers squeeze the shorts into covering per their clearing house's buy ins?

#35     Mar 20, 2006
  6. it means it could squeeze but remember there is a huge block of stock coming out soon. on top of that nyx is way too expensive according to cme valuation. nyx is already valued as much at 90 as cme is at 400.

#36     Mar 20, 2006
  7. Yep, I should have brought up the fact that there will be a second offering soon for the members. That may just offset all of their short positions :)

#37     Mar 20, 2006
  8. jsmooth

jsmooth

BOT rocking today.....possible cup and handle breakout

#38     Mar 21, 2006
  9. jsmooth

jsmooth

anyone starting to like NYX as a long term buy at these levels? low $70's. Might see some support at the 50dayMA, earnings next thurs, and with the NDAQ/LSE merger yesterday i'm starting to think NYX might also announce something in the coming month.

thoughts anyone?

I went long some May NYX $65 calls today (Wednesday)

#39     Apr 12, 2006
  10. jsmooth

jsmooth

hmm....interesting....lots of news released during this 3 day weekend about possible mergers that NYX may consider....looks like those $65 calls may be a good buy in the coming weeks....

any thoughts or opinions on some NYX mergers possibilities (BOT, LSE (london), ISE, ICE, CME...)?

...going into monday i'll be holding my $65 calls, and looking to go long a small position in BOT (stop below $100), long some ISE 'in the money' calls, and long some (very small position - 2-4 contracts) CME puts.

WSJ article / April 15th:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB114505706567426541.html?mod=yahoo_hs&ru=yahoo

NYSE isn't focused solely on London. CEO John Thain has spoken highly of Euronext NV, the exchange operator that trades stocks and derivatives in various countries across Europe. He also has visited the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Chicago Board Options Exchange.

Last year, NYSE expressed initial interest in a possible combination with the Chicago Board of Trade, and Mr. Thain said at a meeting at The Wall Street Journal earlier this year that he thought the CBOT would do a deal with a stock exchange before the Chicago Merc would.

NYSE also has considered deals with options exchanges in the past, including publicly traded International Securities Exchange Inc. and the closely held Philadelphia Stock Exchange.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/060415/financial_nyse_lse.html?.v=1
    LONDON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - The London Stock Exchange (London:LSE.L - News) is one of the parties that the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:NYX - News) has had discussions with regarding a potential acquisition or alliance, a source familiar with the situation said on Saturday.

#40     Apr 16, 2006