NYX rocking

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 8, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

one thing better than trashy daughter of a nyse member is the trashy daughter of a mobster.

but as lucky luciano said on seeing the action on the floor of the nyse:"I joined the wrong mob."

i guess it is all the same.

#21     Mar 9, 2006
  2. Ebo

Ebo

So true!

It was a great place to work for a few years.

I am looking through my old Rolodex for Long Island Lolita's phone number!

#22     Mar 9, 2006
  3. Company
    Opening price
    Recent price (3/7/06)
    Gain

Chicago Mercantile Exchange Holdings
    $35.00
    $423.00
    1109%

Deutsche Borse
    € 33.50
    € 100.15
    199%

London Stock Exchange
    £363.29
    £841.50
    132%

Euronext
    € 24.00
    € 53.00
    121%

Archipelago Holdings
    $11.50
    $64.25
    459%

Nasdaq Stock Market
    $9.00
    $38.27
    325%

Source: Sandler O’Neill & Partners

#23     Mar 9, 2006
  4. Wow, a compliment on this forum? I must be dreaming. :)
    I'm still in, I almost sold my calls a lot lower yesterday morning so I'm using that as a mental stop. Good thing IB sucks and they wouldn't let me sell them when I was thinking about it. We'll see what happens...

#24     Mar 9, 2006
  5. zdreg

zdreg

why couldn't you sell them at the time you wanted originally?

#25     Mar 9, 2006
  6. I was going to post it but I didn't want to whine. It's total B.S. but I haven't found anybody else worth a shit so I may keep my account at IB for a while longer. This was my first option trade through IB.

Since you asked, here is what happened:
    I bought AX options, they were in my account at IB. I come in yesterday morning and type in AX, no options come up. That makes sense. I type in NYX. They all come in fine. I try to enter a partial sell order above the mkt. IB tells me that I do not have the $ to cover the margin. I call IB, after being on hold for a few minutes I get directed to trade problems. I tell they guy my story and he tells me that I can’t sell the options until the following day, they are not in the system or something. I tell him that I am sitting on a big gain and ask if IB is going to reimburse me if the stock tanks. I ask if I can give an order to their order desk. The guy at IB tells me that the order desk can’t place the order for me either. I had already called a broker on the CBOE floor and confirmed that they were still closing positions in AX (AXX) options and that they were also trading NYX options. He tells me that he would have to talk to someone else when I tell him that “tomorrow” is not a good response. He takes down my number.

I get a call an hour and a half later, the guy tells me that it should probably work now. I tell him that since we spoke the stock had rallied about 3 bucks and came back. There was silence. The options were pretty much at the same level as when I made my original call. I laughed at they guy and said thanks and hung up.

What a joke.

#26     Mar 9, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

it is definitely not a whiner's story which in itself is unusual.
    probably there were other people in the same boat?

glad it worked out for you.

#27     Mar 9, 2006
  8. CAX49

CAX49

have you guys seen ISE the past two months... what do you think about a buy out?

#28     Mar 10, 2006
  9. more sector related news hit the wires today

- London Rejects Bid by Nasdaq -

#29     Mar 11, 2006
  10. He tried to give you the runaround and to call you the next day??

#30     Mar 11, 2006