NYX rocking

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 8, 2006.

1. FCCT

FCCT

Hey asshole, eat shit

#11     Mar 9, 2006
  2. zdreg

zdreg

"A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place" -- G. Gekko

:D :D

#12     Mar 9, 2006
  3. I thought you had to wait until today to buy NYX, cause if you bought AX shares they would be tainted.

You don't want any taint in your portfolio.

[​IMG]

#13     Mar 9, 2006
  4. zdreg

zdreg

sounds like you never slept with trailer trash women. if so you've missed out on alot of fun:)

#14     Mar 9, 2006
  5. ===============================
    And after observing CME,BOT,ISE sector, looks like;
    NYX is back in derivatives business again also.

Premarket isn't my main time frame;
    but the NYX bids are uptrending again
    .[7:07 am,Chicago time]:cool:

#15     Mar 9, 2006
  6. m22au

m22au

I'm sitting here laughing - NYX is above $84 pre-market so I should be able to sell my calls at a tidy profit after 9.30 this morning.

Does anyone know what the current float is on NYX? i.e., is the float any larger than the AX float as at 4pm on Wednesday 8th March?

#16     Mar 9, 2006
  7. mxjones

mxjones

That wasn't a woman.

#17     Mar 9, 2006
  8. Zuizo

Zuizo

I took 3k shares of AX at 61.00 as it blasted out of a Cup with Handle base on 2/23/2006. My risk was that final approval by SEC was not in bag. But when you think about it... NYSE gets what it wants 99% of the time... its a smart powerful old school organization.

Now, what we have is a float of about 34mil. As all additional shares issued to nyse seat holders and underwriters (and GS 7.3 mil shares as an AX holder) are locked for 1 year!!! So small float and big demand drives this stock.

There will be a secondary sometime in next six weeks. I am not sure of size... but this additional supply probably causes 1st good reason to sell some shares.

-- Z

#18     Mar 9, 2006
  9. Ebo

Ebo

Only one thing better than Trailer Trash women, a trashy daughter of an NYSE member!

Talk about a FREAK!

This one is going to PAR, the first sell off I am jumping in for the IRA.

#19     Mar 9, 2006
  10. m22au

m22au

Thanks Zuizo.

From the sounds of what you are saying, the shares outstanding is about 100 million, however the float is only 30 million at the moment. So given that yesterday's volume was 18 million, the crazy price action makes a little more sense.

#20     Mar 9, 2006