NYX rocking

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 8, 2006.

1. This thing is self-propelled.

2. the performance of these other exchanges has been astounding - up 200-800%. hard to see the NYX not doing well when run by the greediest, shrewdest (sp?), and well connected businessmen in the world.

i bought 1000 and will hold until the first of these occurrences happen a) it breaks down below 69.00, b) 1 year, or c) i make 100k.

3. Yeah, it's crazy. I was posting earlier this week, asking why the hell everyone wasn't buying AX
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60079
    I averaged in on some April 65 calls the last couple of days. (I couldn't sleep last night by the way). Now I am torn on whether or not to take the $ and run. Maybe I'll reduce my position a bit.
    A big part of me thinks this thing will blast past 100 by the 3rd Friday in April though. :)

4. Quite a day. Of course it waited to go vertical until I had exited. Who did all that buying the last half hour anyway?

5. tomcole

tomcole

Did you really think the underwriters would let it flounder the first day?

I was a bit worried about my options too, until it started creeping higher.

6. I have to admit, this is the type of trading action that I've never been able to figure out ... I guess that's why I'm a system trader. Anyone could have bought all the AX they wanted and it would be converted to NYX on a share for share basis - so NYX wasn't really an IPO. The last few days AX had actually sold off and closed near its low yesterday. This seemed like a case where all the news was out, so I didn't see any reason why it would make a huge first day pop. As a total gamble I bought a small chunk of AX MOC yesterday, but I honestly thought it was 50/50 as to whether it would be a profitable trade. When the futures were down this morning, I assumed I was going to lose money on the trade ... go figure? I sold just below $75, so congrats to anyone that held to the close.

Regards,

Slave2Market

7. empee

empee

i bought the first pullback at 71 and sold at 80 (.60 cent stop on the buy this AM), I think its going higher but since I dont know I'm waiting for a pullback on a larger time frame to get long, I figured no need to get greedy $9k on a daytrade best I ever did on a single intra day trade lately.

I agree tho, I'll definately have remorse if this thing goes to 200 :)

probably gap up tommorow anyway

8. I wish you had come to me and asked this.

Anyway, great insight, and months ahead of the curve. Hope you made out great! Congrats!

9. FCCT

FCCT

Whats the conversion of AX shares into NYX shares?

10. zdreg

zdreg

unbelievable question.

just send me a certified check for all the money you have in the market. after six months i will send you back 10 per cent of the check. you will thank me for putting money into your empty pocket.:D

#10     Mar 9, 2006