NYX, finding good value here?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Uncle_Ho, Mar 10, 2008.

1. I've been following this stock for some time and I think the time is soon for a nice long-term play. If it does break some more, where do you guys think it could bottom out. Any thoughts on some good buying soon?

2. rickf

rickf

If you can handle short-term pain, I say go for it. The exchanges are coining money thanks to the market volatility this past year, yet in NYX's case it's been hammered down needlessly....perhaps because it was so highly-promoted by Cramer in '06.

I got in before the Cramer-NYX Lovefest and have been hurting ever since. Seriously thinking of dumping my long position to offset gains elsewhere.....short of a buyback or split or other major news, I don't see NYX going much higher anytime soon. I'm even considering using SSFs or LEAPS instead and writing calls against them to keep a position and try to reduce my costs *on my terms* :)

I wonder if NYX is being beat down BECAUSE of Cramer as a way of saying "f-you" to him? I dunno.....in 10 years of active trading I've never seen a stock hammered for so long for no good reason that I can tell.

3. NYSE is a huge company and will continue to thrive years down the line. I think there is huge value here in the long run and see this $58 stock going to $200 in the next 5 years.

4. NYX=garbage

5. Earnings are increasing year over year and whenever the CEO can manage his overhead a lot better ... then we'll see this stock fly higher.

I agree ... this company will be making a lot of money in the future.