NYX about to move?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by UnFoRGiVeN, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Last time he mentioned it, it went from 101 - 109. He is a fan, that is a plus. Right now it's another 4% up @ 97.7

#21     Mar 28, 2007
  2. I did a Fibonacci chart. I say it gets to 100 before making a turnaround.

#22     Mar 28, 2007
  3. You can do all of the technical analysis you want to ... NYX is news driven and where it stops, nobody knows.

#23     Mar 28, 2007
  4. My friend. Look at my chart. Mr. Fibonacci tells me where this goes.

• nyx.jpg
      File size:
      137 KB
      Views:
    #24     Mar 28, 2007
  5. Now here is part 2. I say it goes to 100 within the next few days and bounces back. Its in Mr. Fibonacci's hands now.

#25     Mar 28, 2007

6. What is the predictive ability of Fib retracements? Has anyone done a study on that? I think it's funny when I read something like "well the stock pierced through several Fib levels, but then bounced perfectly off the (71.384292 / pi) level..." You put enough lines on your chart, you will start coming to conclusions that are really just due to noise...

#26     Mar 28, 2007
  7. You can stand there and be a doubter of Mr. Fibonacci, but watch how NYX goes to 100!

I have 1500 shares that I probably will be powerdumping on the Cramerites right at one hundy!

Then Im going to look to either get short or buy back in long. I'll re-evaluate my thesis then. I figure that this is either an ABC correction or we are in the 5th wave up of the cycle. If this is an ABC correction, then the target price after the pivot is 54 bucks. Lets see what happens right at one hundy.

Elliott, Livermore, Fibonacci, Bollinger, etc. Their systems have worked beautifully. Why stand on the sidelines being a doubter of the systems they created? Many traders trade based on their systems everyday.

The best way to make money trading is to simply piggy back on the old tried and true systems of the ancient ones. Put the ego away, throw up statues of the ancient ones and pray to them. Bollinger Bands, Elliott waves, and Fibonacci lines/theory, etc.

The old systems work. Why try to invent your own?

#27     Mar 29, 2007

8. Hey, I'm long NYX too...I'm just saying, I would like quantitative proof that these old systems do work. There's gotta be more to it than: they either work or don't work...ie, what % of the time does xx% Fib cause a retrace of xx%? I'd basically be looking for any book that has a long-term study of these TA techniques...

#28     Mar 29, 2007
  9. You best get ready! This baby is going to 98+ today!

#29     Mar 29, 2007
  10. That's my point also. We need to move beyond being cheerleaders to correct anaylsis and execution.

I'm long NYX as well, but I realize that we've move from 82 to 98 in the last two weeks. Pullbacks are also normal movements in the market. I expect a pullback or at least some sideways action seeing that we shot up 16 points recently.

#30     Mar 29, 2007