NYSE vs. Nasdq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vox_lucidus, May 21, 2004.

1. what if you are an opportunistic/global macro discretionary trader, and have no 'system' as such???

#21     May 25, 2004
  2. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

everyone has a system... even the guy down the block at the otb has a system...

#22     May 25, 2004
  3. Actually I gave more information than someone who simply blurts out one exchange or the other. In fact, does there have to be a simple answer, or can't it be that they simply each have trade-offs. Not only that, but I was correcting your misunderstandings (like that most prop firms deal in nyse, which is not true). You don't like the answer, don't ask the question, and don't get your facts so mixed up!

#23     May 26, 2004
  4. I second that :D

#24     May 26, 2004
  5. Turok

Turok

Do not trade without an edge.

On second thought, trade without an edge and get all your friends to trade without an edge and all their friend's friends to trade...

My computer will be happy to meet them.

JB

#25     May 26, 2004
  6. ususally succesful discretionary traders devour successful systems traders in terms of absolute return, compare all the quant funds vs. all the global macro funds.....i have quite an edge thankyou, as my track is very indicative of, an edge that your little computers will never have, reasoning and intuition.....the greatest traders to ever have walked the earth have been global macro/opportunistic traders.....we wipe our asses with what your computers are capable of

#26     May 26, 2004
  7. easy there, i didnt devalue your answer you insecure prick, now i realise that your father belittled you and you have some sort of need for recognition, but for gods sake have some class....and furthermore you logically challenged dolt, it is would be impossible to know weather or not you like the answer if you DONT ask the question!! not that i dont like your answer, i just wanted to know if anyone else had any insight...forgive me supreme equities lord, for not excepting your answer as the omnicient truth!!! good god you freak, try some valium!
    but thanks for the answer despite your need for therapy..........

#27     May 26, 2004
  8. Turok

Turok

And that has what to do with trading without an edge?

JB

#28     May 26, 2004
  9. it was your clear implication that because i dont profess to having a system, that i do not have an edge....if thats the case, than so be it! but i make money, and am consistently on the positive end of the redistribution of wealth in the markets....furthermore, no computer is capable of understanding the theoretical foundation of my approach, thus systematic trading wouldnt be applicable to me.....
    traders like me make your computers 'smile like a doughnut'
    your system = my prison bitch

#29     May 26, 2004
  10. Who's the one overreacting, you pseudo-intellectual jackass! Also, who asked you to accept anything as "omnicient truth" (your spelling not mine). What I expect is that if you have a problem with my answer, you say with what it is you disagree. Instead, you simply disparage the answer in general just because I corrected you on your confused facts and pointed out that each exchange has its upsides. I think you're the one who needs to take some valium dude, only you should down the whole bottle all at once and then go have a nice, long nap! :cool:

For your benefit, I have noted your mangled spelling and grammar, just as I had previously corrected your mangled facts.

1) "accepting" not "excepting"
    2) "omniscient" not "omnicient"
    3) "realize" not "realise"
    4) "didn't" not "didnt"
    5) "don't" not "dont"

#30     May 26, 2004