Nyse routing: Laser vs Sterling

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by giggollo, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Here, from my IM with Goldman:

DonBright (9:35:05 AM): GM...if we "wanted to" - we could basically route to anywhere we see on Level 2, right?
    brad gsec (9:38:46 AM): Notice:
    DISCLAIMER: IM is not secure - may be intercepted/altered. GS monitors/archives IM. Full disclaimer at: http://www.gs.com/disclaimer/im/
    brad gsec (9:38:46 AM): If they are set up to route you can..watch the commissions though.
    DonBright (9:37:31 AM): Gotcha.

Here is a sample of my L2, FWIW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It appears that I have: SIgmaX, 1Chi, ARCA, BATS, BRUT, CME, EDGA, EDGX, GSAT-CN, INET, NQLX, NYSE, Sigma (smart router), and SM.

I can route to AMEX, but don't trade ETF's so I don't bother with quotes there.

I use NYSE for taking liquidity and park on ARCA to collect rebates most of the time, or else use the smart router. MM's have fees that I prefer not to pay.

Don

#11     Jan 7, 2008
  2. teddy

teddy

Laser supports all the routes Don listed above and more.

I use Laser to trade listed and OTC and ETF.
    Laser has many routes to NYSE: Meril, Belz, OES, Nasdaq, NYFIX.
    Laser also has routes to about 18 different liquidty pools: H2O, Pipeline, Instinet, ISE, Credit Swiss, etc.
    I use the dark pools to find mid-point crossing, etc.

Clearing firm has nothing to do with having a direct pipe to the NYSE.

To have a direct pipe to the NYSE, all you need is to become an electronic member of the NYSE which is not very expensive.

When Nasdaq and NYFIX used to charge $0 to route to NYSE, it was not an advantage to being a NYSE member.

I will ask Genesis tomorrow to see if they now want to be a NYSE electronic member.

#12     Jan 7, 2008
  3. Good point... do let us know what you find out from them..

Thanks to all who posted here..

#13     Jan 8, 2008
  4. JohnTack

JohnTack

NYF-dot market and stop orders still don't work in Laser? When will they fix it?

#14     Jul 10, 2008
  5. cstfx

cstfx

8 for 11. 72%

#15     Jul 10, 2008