NYSE imbalance offsetting MOC orders

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by tschm71448, Dec 1, 2008.

1. I used LOC via TWS and both types via FIX (according to the specification) - you cannot mess up the latter one otherwise your messages got rejected by IB gateway.

BTW, you can see audit trial - TWS menu option View/View Audit Trial. It's gonna show you exactly every FIX msg in detail that TWS sends down to IB.

#11     Dec 2, 2008
  2. got it...tx. i'll try it this afternoon from TWS. don't have 3rd pty FIX software right now but if i can't make it work from TWS i'll look into that.

#12     Dec 2, 2008
  3. Tried this every which way from TWS, no luck!

The only thing i could do is submit MOC/LOC orders as GTC or DTC, but they were just in a holding pattern to be submitted the next trading day, not in the current session.

Also, i realized my imbalances are not working cleanly, always showing buy imbalance for every stock (blue colored field) day in and day out, never a sell imbalance. That can't be right.

Anyone else having this problem?

Looks like IB is pretty awefull when it comes to this MOC stuff.

#13     Dec 3, 2008
  4. This started happening a few days ago. Instead of fixing the MOC problem, they seem to have created another. DEF has been very responsive and told me that the MOC issue will be resolved within a week.

#14     Dec 3, 2008
  5. ok, thanks that's good to know. i guess if we just keep pestering they will eventually get there act together on the MOC stuff.

#15     Dec 3, 2008
  6. plan

plan

any updates on this?

#16     Dec 20, 2008
  7. still not working, IB hasn't told me that they would actually fix it.

Arbprofit2?

#17     Dec 20, 2008
  8. nothing has changed on anvil....whatever the SEC wanted to implement, it has been delayed i hear.

when this new reg goes into effect, we can't buy near the close and throw it MOC for final nyse print?

#18     Dec 20, 2008
  9. plan

plan

Whoa, what new regulation? do you have a link?

#19     Dec 20, 2008
  10. #20     Dec 21, 2008