NYSE flashing

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by stock777, Sep 13, 2006.

1. It usually happens when the hamster gets tired and needs more water. He gets tired running in place.

#11     Sep 13, 2006
  2. May be true, but I know for a fact that I could not change my quote on NYSE that fast through IB. I could on any ecn.

#12     Sep 13, 2006
  3. I have seen this on NYSE quotes too. I see alot of flashing like like with small shares (like 500 shares or less) but very very fast and I keep trying to NX it but usually to no avail. It def feels like an ecn when this happens.

#13     Sep 13, 2006

4. lol you sound like a trader whose ALMOST there but hasnt quite made any money yet, who gives a shit if the spec/ECN does this??? steamroll him and get out/in at a higher/lower price!:p

concern yourself withlosers and you to will become a loser. <----PERIOD end of story.

#14     Sep 19, 2006
  5. LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

#15     Sep 19, 2006
  6. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

common......CDE is an ass for this.....100k will flash on the offer......It happens so often that I have started using it as a tipoff of a move in the direction the flash came from. I always dream that that position will get filled and the joker flashing will get hammered. Read the P&L thread....someone said they flashed a 50k bid and had it filled doubling their position and making a trade explode in their face. Sometimes the good guys win.

AND....to that other poster attempting to pass on his mastery of the English language.....get bent.

#16     Sep 19, 2006