NYSE closing orders cancelled

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by d08, Feb 12, 2013.

1. d08

d08

Major issues at the close today, so far appears that it happened on the side of NYSE, this from IB:

"I was informed by our tech dept this afternoon at 15:43:36 all orders R-Y on NYSE were canceled due to a technical issue.
    We apologize for any inconvenience."

I've had constant problems with trades on the NYSE, makes me wonder how horrible their systems really are and how incompetent are the people who run them.

2. Thanks for posting. I noticed one of them at the time...had no idea what caused it. Turns out I have several of them. I'm sure glad IB didn't fire off a timely bullentin - love unwanted overnight risk.

3. d08

d08

Somewhat comforting to see that I'm not the only one.
    Might go an official complaint route here depending how favorable/unfavorable the open tomorrow is, I managed to trade out of a position as fast as I could but some is still on. It's not exactly clear to me yet if this was an IB or NYSE issue. IB has had similar problems recently though in the pre-open period, might be indicative.

4. Still can't close them out...plus anything else R - Y on NYSE is not executing despite being marketable. At least they sent a bullentin on it 7 minutes after the open.

5. d08

d08

Where do you see the bulletin?

CS busy and no answer for 20 minutes. I just now managed to liquidate the 1 position I had left - so the opening auction happened at 9:57, ca. 24 minutes after the latest typical opening time. A complete mess.
    This happening in a volatile market could destroy one's account. Hope yours went through as well.

6. I get a blinking red bar across the top of TWS when a bullentin is issued. I'm sure that's a setting somewhere. You can also look under View->Bullentins but I'm not sure what gets saved there...I think maybe just those that are unread.

Yeah, I was finally able to close out at 9:57. Luckily not much damage done but even if there was, I wouldn't bother bringing it up to them. I've been around that block a few times and I can tell myself tough shit without having to wait 30 minutes in the chat for it.