NYMEX: We have invented the wheel

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by daddyeaux, Feb 6, 2006.

1. domi93

domi93

I wonder how much volume the e-miNY's will keep after full-sized contracts go on globex?

No so fast my friend.
    remember, you can only trade the front month contract with the E-miNY, You Can't do calendar spreads and 80% of those trader at nymex are spread traders. (crack spread) and i dont know if you can do this on a computer without X-trader.

BTW, the margin for a a Full Nat gas contract is around 11k or 12k..

But I think this will pump the e-miNY volumen, right now the volumen in the crude e-miNY is around 40k daily.

#11     Apr 7, 2006
  2. went it goes electronic, the volumes for the e-mini will really rocket.... as a lot of smaller traders will trade the emini's.... no disrepsect, but its lower risk as lower tick size...

trading the spreads shuold be easy, i use x_trader and have the autospreader so it does it all for you....! you get legged sometimes but thats part of the game...

#12     Apr 10, 2006
  3. domi93

domi93

brent i agree with you 100%, the e-miNY will be a huge success soon (thank god!).

but sorry for my ignorance, can you do Crack spread with TT? I've been using CQG and clearing with MBF since october..

I've been trading equities for the last 9 years, so im new to the futures plataforms..

thanks in advance

#13     Apr 10, 2006
  4. saxon

saxon

#14     Apr 10, 2006
  5. domni93,

TT is the best platform in the world, dont listen to people who tell you otherwise... look at the volume that goes through them, unbelievable...

anyway, yes you can do the crack or any spread...even tho when ice luanch there cracks it will be as a traded contract... but if you will trade the cme e-mini's (like me) then its simple... you configure the autospreader...however, the autospreader comes as an extra charge to the normal X_Trader... think you need X_traderPRo... but its worth the investment..

i want GLOBEX to absolutely ruin ICE as its personal. ICE are a waste of time, they are making so much money now and have even increased there commissions...but yet they have so many issues intraday...at the minute they cant even get there data feed to charting companies properly..my cqg has problems nearly every day....

they are taking advantage of the fact that NYMEX's top dogs dont want to take exchange fully electronic... which is why people like GS, Shell are backing ICE.... but they will soon jump ship if Globex proves to be a success as I think it will... i mean imagine trading the full contract, who wantst o trade shitty brent when you can trade wti with $ profit and $ commissions.... its sounds so stupid to tell people your trading a contract with ticks priced in $ and commissions in £..... ICE are laughing at the minute as oil is flavour of the year, and speculators are heavily involved and are so becuase its electronic.... wait until it quitens down and then the we will see nymex.... they say, "form is temporary, class is permanent!!!"

adios

#15     Apr 10, 2006
  6. hcking

hcking

nymex deserves everything they get - but they covered themselves by pairing up with CME & Globex - but I have no hard feelings for the crooks in New York -

you know, we once had a stop order not get filled and it moved threw our price - we called the brokers at the Nymex, and they wouldn't honor it - so we called the complaince department at Nymex, and the first thing out of their mouth was there is nothing we can do - before they even heard what our issue was - screw them

#16     Apr 10, 2006
  7. hahaha what idiots...

cme saved there arse....

#17     Apr 11, 2006