NYMEX modernization

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by J-Law, Jan 14, 2006.

1. J-Law

J-Law

So how long before the NYMEX gets its act together in regard to electronic trading?
    Good article this month in S&C about how lagging NYMEX is compared with Chicago exchanges.

Seems like NY is always behind in the futures innovation game. They dropped the ball with the index and currency futures markets back in the 80's (NYBOT) and looks like if they keep it up Chicago could be the next "metals" town.
    Private club mentality in time sucks the life blood out of an exch listing and pushes liquidity elsewhere.

Can't tell me that some Sheik somewhere would like to start an exch in Dubai or UAE.

2. lotsa luck.....

call the NYMEX and complain. Let us know if they had phones installed yet.............

3. All I've heard is that the Nymex will be one of the last exchanges to go electronic. I hope they take a really long time, because I'd love to chance to trade on the floor there.

4. Dont forget Irans fully electronic energy exchange that is supposed to open in march, trading energy futures in euros.

5. For what it's worth, mini HU and HO started trading today.

6. spread

spread

What do you need that the miNYs don't provide?