Nyc

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by nitro, May 15, 2012.

1. gaj

gaj

where are you staying? how many ppl? what are you looking for in food? that'll help for starters.

steak - luger in brooklyn = king (i think they're cash only or luger credit card) but if you don't want to go out of manhattan there's a few in midtown area which are really good.

will give some thoughts after that. i can't help much with clubbing, as my days of that are long gone.

#11     Jun 6, 2012
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

+1

#12     Jun 6, 2012
  3. JB3

JB3

I had dinner at Quality Meats in NYC, and the steaks were fantastic. It is dimly lit with great atmosphere. A lot of wall street suit types in there...which should tell you it's quite expensive, but it's high quality. We stopped in here after strolling through the south end of Central Park.

Clubbing? Well, I can't make any recommendations since I'm pushing around a stroller these days. :D

#13     Jun 7, 2012
  4. +1. They have a bone marrow appetizer which is prettay awesome.

#14     Jun 7, 2012
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Quality Meats is good.

My favorite steakhouses are Del Friscos (filled with wall street as well) and Primehouse on Park Ave south. Very solid steak and great service. Not a problem to get a reservation or even do a walk-in at Primehouse.

#15     Jun 7, 2012
  6. c0l$il

c0l$il

I dont know where any gay clubs are, sorry.

#16     Jun 7, 2012
  7. Strictly low end food, but delicious and unique to NYC

Katz's Deli for pastrami (Lower East Side)
    Murrays Bagels for bagels (Chelsea)

I'll defer to the locals for club info.

#17     Jun 7, 2012
  8. Never done much clubbing, but when out of town coworkers come, we usually just take them to the meat packing district and hop around 5 clubs and call it a night. Weekdays are pretty quiet, weekend will be packed. Depends on what you like. Hit plunge around 9th & 13 for a relaxed vibe & nice view of the city. Then hit hogs&heifers a few blocks over for something completely different. Those are not really pickup bars fyi... more like places to hang with friends. And choose whatever looks good in between, tons of options.

For food, checkout east boat restaurant near china town for some tasty lobster & seafood chinese style! Steakhouse are dime a dozen, not worth mentioning.

Also be sure to get tickets to see spiderman on broadway at the foxwoods, amazing show!

The met is always worth a visit, they always have different exhibits

For NJ, if you are in north nj close to ny. Try the go kart racing, it's pro track pretty cool ( www.polepositionraceway.com ). Also liberty house restaurant in liberty state park is nice with a full view of manhattan, can also walk the piers afterwards with lady friend, beautiful scenery. Both are in jersey city but you need car to get there.

#18     Jun 7, 2012
  9. sle

sle

H&H used to be The Bagel Place, but they closed down (apparently, the heirs of the owner did not want to run the place, how lame).

Japanese - Sasabune on 73rd x 1st, one of the least known yet the best omakase places in the city. Taka on Grove street is just as good, but hard to get a reservation.

PS. there is a great guy serving Cuban pulled pork out of a truck - he is usually in midtown by the former Bear Stearns building on Vanderbilt Av.

#19     Jun 16, 2012
  10. zdreg

zdreg

maybe the bagel place closed for other reasons.
    In November 2009, Mr. Toro faced state tax charges. He was accused of pocketing almost $370,000 in payroll withholding taxes owed to state and federal authorities from 2003 to 2009. In May 2010, he pleaded guilty to grand larceny in the case. He was sentence to spend 50 weekends in jail and pay more than $500,000 in restitution.

#20     Jun 16, 2012