NYC traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by daytraderpete, Jan 2, 2004.

1. i'll be there most of the day sunday, part day monday. i can't keep you know who out of the madison ave shops. LOL !

hope to see you guys / girls soon !

surfer :)

#41     Feb 14, 2004
  2. Booth 1415 on the 6th floor. I'll have a pad to keep notes for the ET'ers that want to get together at some point. In any case, be sure to come by to say Hi!

Don:cool:

#42     Feb 14, 2004
  3. really nice of you ... to help the scattered minds of ET

organize something

:)

#43     Feb 14, 2004
  4. be at the EXPO this yr too ?

#44     Feb 14, 2004
  5. Yes, in fact he should be checking into the hotel any time now. Also, Darren Clifford of "PairCo" will be on hand to help with all the "young hot shots" of the automated world....

Don

#45     Feb 14, 2004

6. definitely the best name EVER for a trader. even better then mine ! LOL !

surfer d.:) :)

#46     Feb 14, 2004
  7. if the crowds are bigger than last yr as the market is much higher

than a yr ago .... I noticed in the Expo sheets that there seem to be more FOREX exhibitors and FOREX sessions for traders

than in yrs past .... I guess its due to the increased Vol.

in the FX since last yr.

#47     Feb 15, 2004
  8. They're expecting a bigger turnout..we'll see. They're coming off a pretty good "uptick" (in attendance) from their Florida money show.

Don

#48     Feb 15, 2004
  9. today ... said hello to Don ... spoke to another Elite Trader by phone about meeting others there , but could not find any.

one of the bigger FCM's ( MAN ) is throwing a small cocktail party tomm afternoon ... perhaps I will see some Elite Traders there

#49     Feb 15, 2004
  10. spent all day perusing the NYC traders expo. while smaller than the the show in 2002, this event was excellent and had an over all more professional vibe. there were some weird vendors over selling the dream--for example, a company called 'wallstreet war' claimed that he and only he knows when all the institutions will buy or sell. he stated he can predict the market with 100 % accuracy and draw a "marketmap" for you every morning that will foretell all price movements. it was truly bizarre ! there was a preponderance of FX dealers and the funniest one was a group called "concorde fx group". these guys have a mentoring program that reminded me of a multi level amway type pitch--- furthermore , during their presentation, the speaker claimed that george soros mentors traders for 100k a day BUT their mentoring costs a fraction of that. what a JOKE ! imagine the great soros mentoring traders for any amount of money ! i should have taped it and sent it to him--- funny funny funny stuff !!

i met don bright--he is a cool dude--- telling storys of the black jack tables back in the day. he gave a very interesting and insightful speech. i am going to attend monday-------

best,

surfer:) :)

#50     Feb 15, 2004