NYC traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by daytraderpete, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Sure.... it would be great to have some new friends who are trading.....

#11     Jan 7, 2004
  2. again ?

they have a nice rotating bar with a view of times square
    if I remember correctly ...

#12     Jan 7, 2004
  3. yes..Marriott again....wear a hard hat.
    a few suicide jumpers over the atrium lately.

#13     Jan 7, 2004
  4. laurek

laurek

Daytraderpete,

Looking forward to meeting with you and the other traders. I have been in a slump lately and could certainly use some guidance.

#14     Jan 7, 2004
  5. I got quite a few PM's about getting together next month after the Expo.

Anyone interested please drop me a quick PM.

Thanks,

DTP

#15     Jan 8, 2004
  6. sinewave

sinewave

while i am new to both trading and to ET, i am a certified veteran of Manhattan. lower Manhattan to be exact--20 years in residence in the financial district.

as a novice trader, i've not much to offer any of you other than this advice: midtown is for tourists. please make an effort to come downtown. or go uptown. go anywhere. get out of midtown. go to the Met for chrissakes...anywhere but the Times Square area, anywhere!...if you've the time.

please know that i offer my remarks with the purest of intentions. you have all been so important to my trading education--thank you all so very much!

just my .02, as usual
    angela
    --lower manhattan troll, denizen., crab..whatever

#16     Jan 10, 2004
  7. sle

sle

Let's have a fight - I say that midtown is the place to be, nothin beats Grand central and QBorogh bridge area. ANY true Wall Street veteran knows that there is no better place to celebrate your bonus then Smith & Wolinsky (it certainly is harder for vegetarians among us).

PS. In any case, was there a consensus on a meeting place OTHER then the expo?

#17     Jan 10, 2004
  8. Looks like its going to be somewhere midtown.

DTP

#18     Jan 10, 2004
  9. sinewave

sinewave

i'm no good at it anyway. i just wanted provide some value to these forums, especially since i gain so much from them. i certainly am in no position as yet to offer trading advice. just offered what expertise i could.

when i'm up in midtown i see so many out-of-towners seemingly stuck in the gravity of the densely unremarkable. this is a marvelous city imo and it nearly breaks my heart to see lines outside of the Hard Rock Cafe or whatever.

and you are certainly right about Grand Central, an extraordinary piece of architecture--and the oyster bar is one of my favorite places. not being a steak eater, i always forget about steak houses. but i understand that MJ's in Grand Central is quite good.

in any case, i am looking forward to learning a lot at the expo. i registered for a couple of seminars over that weekend.

#19     Jan 10, 2004
  10. gaj

gaj

sinewave - on the seminars you're going to...

if it's a john bollinger, get there 15-30 minutes before the seminar is set to start.

if it's a tony oz, you'll want 10-15 minutes before.

if it's someone lesser known, you can show up on time.

maybe some of the other speakers can comment on when their rooms were getting filled last time? also, ask around for how the presenters are; most of the known people are good speakers, but not all.

#20     Jan 10, 2004