NYC Traders--Gil Morales Speaks Wednesday

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marketsurfer, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Famed investor Gil Morales is givign a speech in NYC on Wednesday July 23 at the microsoft building. Im attending, hope to see you there! you need to RSVP on the link, if interested...

I don't know this group and have no connections here, so its first come first served looks like
    [

http://www.gilmoreport.com/about.html
    http://ibd.meetup.com/25/

from the IBD group email:

Gil has a few more feathers in his cap.

For example:

In the period from January 1, 1998 to December 31, 2005, Mr. Morales achieved in his personal account a total return of 10,904.25% as audited by Rothstein Kass & Company, a hedge fund auditing firm. Applying a standard hedge fund 2%/20% fee structure to this return would yield a pro forma return of 5,572.04%, net of fees.

Why miss the chance to hear an investor of this stature?

If you haven't RSVP'd for this very rare event, please do so ASAP. Also, try to arrive early, because there have been times when it's been standing room only for star presenters of this caliber.

2. anyone attending this event?

this guys verified returns have been off the chart

surf

3. ill be there surf. look for the fat guy with orange dreadlocks and ostrich briefcase/gucci shoes in the back... Morales is an unknown monster in trading, will be quite the experience meeting him. THANKS for the invite!!

4. This is where you're supposed to rip on him for assuming too much risk and being on the verge of blowing up :D

5. hi surf ,
    would you pls put my name down also. the web site did not confirm as I believe it was little late.
    I have sent you an e-mail..

6. Surf has been banned. He's looking forward to seeing you and has sent you an email.

7. central park

central park Guest

good show, mr. morales.

bravo,

CP

8. banned because... ?

9. For the record, I would like to deal with those who make claims that "truth is, Gil's hedge fund isnt doing very good right now, per a close friend of mine." I consider this to be slanderous. While 2007 was a difficult year for personal and business reasons, having to uproot and move my funds from a bad business situation, getting caught short a couple of times, and having the dog eat my charts, etc. etc., we are doing just fine in 2008, so to make a claim that we are doing poorly "right now" is patently false. 2007 is over, and we are focused on moving forward from here, so far successfully. It is written that what makes a great trader great is not their successes, but how they come back from adversity, something that hits every trader at some point in their career.

10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Why did he get banned this time?

#10     Aug 4, 2008