NYC Traders Expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SethArb, Feb 11, 2006.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

I went to six of John Person presentations. He made a strong case for trading with doji, hammer pattern, now where is that hammer thread.

#71     Feb 23, 2006
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Just for the record, I didn't do a reception this year because my wife was due to have our first child around the middle/end of January, and I didn't want to miss the delivery. The expo people wanted a committment for the event so far in advance that I wasn't comfortable taking a chance. He ended up being born on Jan. 10th. and everything went great :D

#72     Feb 23, 2006
  3. JayK

JayK

Congratulations, Baron, that's fantastic, all the best!! :)

#73     Feb 23, 2006
  4. Yannis

Yannis

Baron,

That's terrific news, best wishes for the whole family!

(Btw, those 7-8 hours of uniterrupted sleep every night you were used to... who needs them, right?)

:)

#74     Feb 23, 2006
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

only 3 days diff from mine, he's going to be a great guy :D

#75     Feb 23, 2006

6. very nice ! congratulations!!!!

get ready for some BIG changes.....

surfer :) :) :)

#76     Feb 23, 2006
  7. I second the comments on Thinkorswim - they alone are worth the trip to the Expo, they really know their stuff

The Green Tax guys were also top notch, new and valuable stuff on the incubator concept

Stan Dash from Tradestation was good as always

On the negative side, what's with those Best Choice software guys outside of the main entrance hall. They claim that if you take 10 years of price data for a stock, average it into one price series and study which part of the calendar year it trends up, Presto! you have an entry signal to bet the ranch on. I think the Expo promoter should cull the egregious types like this out...it does them no good to have them there.

Also, attendance was WAY down.

#77     Feb 23, 2006
  8. 10 M usd avg. 1,5% daily over say 215 trading days will result in 245 M usd a year.

1% about 85 M
    0,5% about 29 M

I think the latter is possible, but 25x the initial investment in one year? :p

#78     Mar 17, 2006
  9. Ebo

Ebo

Why are you posting this in The NY Trader's EXPO thread that was 6 weeks ago?

#79     Mar 17, 2006
  10. CTTrader

CTTrader

Does anyone know how the Tuesday Trader's Challenge turned out? I couldn't stay for Tuesday but would have liked to see some of these guys under the gun.

The most frustrating thing about learning to trade is the preponderance of "Wizards", "Gurus", and "Super Star Traders" who have no idea what they are doing. For every person selling solid info there are 10 charlatans who are doing it because they can't make money trading and they are selling junk.

Anyone who makes $146k a day trading gets their ego stroked by more important people than those in chat rooms and expo's. Check page 210 of Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom.

#80     Mar 17, 2006