NYC Traders Expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SethArb, Feb 11, 2006.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

look like it is wave of future trading, some attractions, you can pick your own leverage anywhere from 1:10 to 1:500, you can't lose more than what you have in your account and you can trade base on your political bias, etc...

#51     Feb 20, 2006
  2. koms

koms

ksonsinc,

sorry for late reply.....
    Yes I was talking about TI.

Also, I 100 % agree with everyone
    """genesis securities was a TOTAL JOKE """ :)

#52     Feb 20, 2006
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

#53     Feb 21, 2006
  4. was chatting with a cool european gal
    today at the expo

too bad I am twice her age ... yikes !

:p

#54     Feb 21, 2006
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Just to play advocatus diaboli:

1. Why a chatroom?:

Another bigshot answered this question that people watching him make him more honest and not to get a too big head.

Also most of these guys have a big ego, and if he trades alone in a dark room, nobody is there to admire him. In a chatroom he gets constant positive feedbacl and pats on the shoulder.

Also if he gives his signals just with a slight delay, he is able to frontrun several of his orders and he knows that there is more buying power coming in after his trades.

2. Why still trading with so much money?:

Several of these traders are gamblers or simply addicted to trading and the enviroment, thus pretty much unable to give up...

3. Why going to traders' expo?:

Same as #1. egomassaging....

#55     Feb 21, 2006

6. I think you nailed it with "frontrun orders" God knows how much they charge to begin with. I suspect many of these "chatrooms" are just a good way to get buyers to come in and dump on them. Just a glorified Yahoo Chatroom that you pay for! :eek: :eek: :mad:

#56     Feb 21, 2006
  7. tomcole

tomcole

A guy makes, on average $145,000 a day???? So working 200 days a year means he make sUS$ 29 milliona year. Say he pays 50% taxes, unlikely, so his take home is $14.5 million, plenty of folks will massage anything he wants for some of that. Keep in mind if he does it for a few years that initial 14.5 mill, grows pretty dramatically as well.

I asked almost every FX dealer for their blance sheet and always got some weird response about private firms, we dont have one, cant find it ect etc. Got the old "trust us" line about their credit adn how safe my money was with them. Easy decision not to trade with 'em.

Weirdest booth was Fidelity, They had some cool software, but none of their reps knew how to work it, kept referring me to the built-in Help guide etc. Odd how a corp with their rep, size, stature etc, would put a product out there, with no one really familiar with it.

I walked away thinking it was fun to go see old friends, BS with other traders, and see who would spend for a booth and more importantly, who wouldnt. Worthwhile show as an overview of the non-professional market.

Enjoyed Woodie talking about his CCI at esignals booth.

#57     Feb 22, 2006
  8. Surdo

Surdo

I managed to have a one on one with a Wealth Lab Pro trainer@ Fidelity. I guess I was lucky.
    They also had classes on Active Trader Pro as well.

I only use this software for my IRA, so it is fine.

#58     Feb 22, 2006
  9. strat3x

strat3x

Did anyone see the FX Educator presentation with Ed Ponsi on Tuesday? He started out by saying, "Welcome to the Shark Tank" and gave a brutally honest assesment of the nature of the business as a whole. Then he gave one of the best presentations of the Expo.

#59     Feb 22, 2006
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Instead of absolute numbers, I would like to know his % average. If he has 10 mill to play with, that is only 1.5% a day, with futures it is not that hard.
    If a guy with a $2000 account makes 10 YM points (or 1 ES) a day, that is 2.5% per day...

#60     Feb 22, 2006