NYC Traders Expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SethArb, Feb 11, 2006.

1. tom sosnoff from thinkorswim gave a great talk on options. worth the trip ......

surf

#41     Feb 20, 2006
  2. Surdo

Surdo

I have to admit the Lebanese/Dominican babe at one of the Forex Booths captured my attention.

I am going to try and arrange a "Private demonstration" of her software.

#42     Feb 20, 2006
  3. yeah, another expo down. missed the elite trader party..... still don't know the full story there.

much of the same old same old--- points of notice- the creative brains behind thinkorswim had a great interactive booth showcasing the option world's finest software and education. as usual their quants and leadership put on a fine presentation and seminars.

i sat in on franz shoar's TI seminar--- he seems like a nice guy, but i really couldn't follow what he was trying to say and what i did catch was simple trading platitudes and basic TA stuff. still don't know the legitmacy of what he claims.

some hot chicks, even in the crowd, hot traders chicks were evident more so this year than in the past.

best wishes,

surfer

#43     Feb 20, 2006
  4. market surfer.......... a simple brokers statement would have been better than all that "fluff".....the fact that toshin refused to allow me to ask any questions just confirms it is total bs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#44     Feb 20, 2006
  5. by the way............the booth run by genesis securities was a TOTAL JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!! NO way did anyone there know anything about their product and how it can help very active traders

#45     Feb 20, 2006
  6. Larrybf
    I agree to you
    When any one want to prove his skill or his idesd he has to show the paper work.
    I personally dont believe untill i see it with my eye
    A person can say he made $100K a year
    Hey if a person is so smart why not show some paper work dude i have to agree to that
    No one in the show has the ball to show paper work or account statments or and their K-1 or 1099 to prove what they are selling

:confused:

#46     Feb 20, 2006
  7. Yeah, 146K a day average, and he has a chatroom? WHY?

That's 25 million a year,

:eek: :eek: :confused:

#47     Feb 20, 2006
  8. At least 25 million (I'm assuming you're giving him the whole summer off as a vacation). :)

Just my $.02, but there is no way I would drag my ass off to trading seminars on weekends if I was pulling 30 million a year.

Also, did I read correctly that he risks a 25% drawdown IN ONE DAY with his style of trading?

#48     Feb 20, 2006
  9. Well forget about $25 mill
    Even if he was making $5 to $10mil a year
    I dont think any one want to run a Chat room.
    And why would he want us to make money with him - ?

#49     Feb 20, 2006

10. ok.

he refused to allow you to ask questions?! explain what you mean...

thanks !

surfer

#50     Feb 20, 2006