NYC Traders Expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SethArb, Feb 11, 2006.

1. what happened with the ET party? i noticed they are no longer listed on the list.

surfer:eek: :confused:

#21     Feb 15, 2006
  2. Surdo

Surdo

It looks like Baron bailed.

Let's come up with an alternative.
    I am up for a Steak, just not Tad's.

How about a cocktail party first and a Steak @ Roberts?

#22     Feb 15, 2006

3. sounds good to me. keep me in the loop!

thanks,

surfer:)

#23     Feb 15, 2006
  4. thanks for the info I will definitely try to attend

#24     Feb 16, 2006
  5. here are some of the speakers at the free presentations in the next 2 days that might be interesting at the EXPO ( in no particular order )

tony oz
    adrienne toghraie
    chris schumacher
    james altucher
    bo yoder
    oliver velez
    dan gramza
    tom sosnoff
    tobin smith
    robert green
    toni turner
    jon najarian
    kathy lien
    woody cci

#25     Feb 18, 2006
  6. lwlee

lwlee

Went to the eMini presentation by Traders International at 3PM. Highlight was getting to see the "Michael Jordan" of traders, Franz Shoar. Averages $146k per day. Does 1k lot. The secret is his Bulls eye and gladiator signals.

He trades 2 accounts, the large one (1k lot), which he trades only in the morning. The other one does small lots for the rest of the day. Apparently his signals suggest greater volatility during the morning and he feels he can pick the right direction 80% of the time.

I asked him if bullseye was based on anything exotic like fibs/murrey math. He said it contains 20+ indicators and all that "stuff". He's willing to risk up to 25% drawdown of his account in a single day. Pretty aggressive but if you really believe in your system, when he feels it, he's willing to put it on the line.

#26     Feb 18, 2006
  7. where was this ? I was told nothing was open until 5 pm ...

so I registered and left the expo

also ... the "guru" you mentioned

dont you think if he was in the top 1% of traders
    the "traders int. group"would highlight
    him in the program ? -he is not mentioned-

#27     Feb 19, 2006
  8. Will be there today (Sunday). No ET after-party?

#28     Feb 19, 2006
  9. lwlee

lwlee

Exhibits started at 5PM. There were several classes throughout the day.

Franz is for real. He was highlighted in Traders' World. Not sure why they didn't mentioned his name but I get the feeling he's their top trader amongst others. As for his risk management system, it's not very rigid. He's a bit of a gambler. But his experience keeps him in check.

#29     Feb 19, 2006
  10. i was there saturday night for the opening festivities. the vendors appear more professional than usual overall and i picked up some cool info on the latest hardware/software. although the event seemed dominated by FX dealers

i was surprised at how sparesly the event was attended. last year you couldn't even get near the free drink bars because of the crowds--this year--- there was not even a line at the bars. i will be going back on monday ( holiday ) to check it out further.

talking about franz shoar and TI. TI had a huge, comparatively, booth with a giant movie screen and multimedia presentation. my non trading spouse was immeditately drawn to the stimulating graphics/ pitch. i picked up some of their literature--- here's a line in the "franz shoar traders world interview"----

larry jacobs--- "what methods did you use/"

franz---"i have been using TI methodology plus my experience and custom indicators, and i have nothing but <b>PERFECT</b> trades" (emphasis mine.)

take that as you will.....

surfer

#30     Feb 19, 2006