NYC Traders Expo coming soon!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by cwjcntr, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Mike Loebel is my "expo" guy...he does the expo work for the Professional Trading tour...via my "Investor Awareness" company. We will be doing Denver and Anaheim this year (since the Online Trading guys deserted their Anaheim show...for the Vegas show...which is fine by me, right here close).

See you in NYC....

Don

#21     Feb 10, 2004
  2. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

Are people going to meet somewhere? We all can meet at the ESPN zone it is right down the street.

#22     Feb 10, 2004
  3. I can keep notes and a message board of sorts at our booth, if you guys want...this may make the "meeting up" a bit easier. We kind of blew it at the Vegas expo.
    ??

Don

#23     Feb 10, 2004
  4. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

great idea. What is your booth number.

#24     Feb 10, 2004
    #25     Feb 10, 2004
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

This will be the first expo in several years that Im going to miss. I wish I could be there because they are always a lot of fun and a chance to meet up with friends, but we have just taken in two forster kids and this is our first time with them or parenting so trying to get everything in line. I will see everyone in Chicago.

Brandon

#26     Feb 10, 2004
  7. kc11415

kc11415

> I can keep notes and a message board of sorts at our booth, if you guys want...this may make the "meeting up" a bit easier

Excellent idea!

I know I'll sound paranoid, but there really are some deranged people out there, and I saw some of them at last year's NYC show. Maybe the higher $69 fee will discourage some of them?

Perhaps do something to keep contact details from being seen by the stalkers & wanna-be's who walk in off the street. i.e. keep that info out of sight and only bring it out if someone asks to add their info to that list or identifies themself from any of the venues you frequent which are compatible with this crowd. If some walk-in sees one of us writing our info and asks what the list is for, maybe tell them it is for existing affiliates or something vague like that. Maybe even keep a bogus sheet on top of the stack to hide what's inside. Alternatively, a cheap spiral-bound deck of 3"x5" index cards could be a way for people to write their info without the list being constantly on display.

I'm willing to email my details ahead of time to be placed on a contact list if reasonable precautions will be attempted.

What do ET'ers think about marking their badges in a way recognizable to fellow ET'ers? Maybe something like the initials "ET" with a circle around them? OK, now please don't start making jokes about secret handshakes :D

#27     Feb 10, 2004
  8. gaj

gaj

is only if you haven't registered by now.

it's free otherwise...

#28     Feb 10, 2004
  9. dude,

you are paranoid. what kind of deranged behavior did you observe to make you feel this way ? maybe i'll change my mind.

2 years ago there was a guy who was ranting about how evil daytrading was ( is ) he was promptly wrestled out by security --- that is the only freaky sight i observed--other than waxie, ofcourse. LOL !

surfer

#29     Feb 10, 2004
  10. can any locals suggest parking ideas near the expo ? even i cringe at dropping $45.00 a day for 3 days of parking.

surfer

#30     Feb 10, 2004