NYC Prop Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by FaderTrader, Mar 24, 2006.

1. DNM04

DNM04

Does anyone know of a trading arcade in Miami now that Refco is out of business?

#41     May 3, 2006
  2. I'm rather new to Elite Trader but I have been a professional trader since 1994. I have been with numerous firms and have seen or used most platforms. I am currently with Hold Brothers in White Plains, NY and they head over heels better then anyone else in the industry that I have experienced or seen...

Their trading software Graybox is highly advanced and reliable. My commission is only 0.0025/share with a 99% payout, no other firm came close to offering me this.

#42     May 4, 2006
  3. Who are you kidding? Graybox always goes down and all of HOLD's offices use CRT monitors circa 1999. Also, they are very litigious: they threaten to sue anyone if they are even thinking of defecting to another firm.

Wouldn't want to deal with a firm like that.

#43     May 4, 2006
  4. I've heard a lot of bad things lately about Holds Brothers lately.

Why is that?

#44     May 4, 2006
  5. i traded at hold before and alot of people request for CRTs, especially their biggest traders who make $1MM+ per year. i guess it is a preference thing but i had no problems getting several LCD's when i requested them. it is true that graybox crashes a decent amount, which was one of my main complaints. on the bright side, they make graybox instead of having a 3rd party make it so they are pretty quick to fix bugs and whatnot.

#45     May 4, 2006
  6. alex104

alex104

trading stocks sucks now trading futures at prop firm in new york no money down with up to 70 percent payout much better liquidity and no short sale rules

#46     May 9, 2006

7. What is the name of firm Alex?

#47     May 10, 2006
  8. Hey alex
    This is somehting new i have heard Future prop firm
    Can you PM me the detail
    How much do u have to put down
    Thank you

#48     May 10, 2006
  9. I would like the name of the firm also please.

#49     Jul 29, 2006
  10. seems like a few players knocked out and a few new ones are in... any updates?

#50     Oct 26, 2009