NYC Prop Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by FaderTrader, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Just wondering if anyone can add to my list of REPUTABLE New York City prop firms. I'm looking to make a move this summer and any reccomendations you have would be appreciated.

Here is what I have so far:

Bear Capital
    Caliber Financial
    Carlin Financial Group
    Prestige Capital
    Sperling Enterprises, LLC

NOTE: Schonfeld is intentionally left off this list as I've heard horror stories about the notorious "qaunts" that restrict your ability to execute one's preferred strategy.

Thanks!

2. Echo Trade?

3. CTT

CTT

I'd also be interested to hear what people have to say. I have interviewed with PTG Capital and will be meeting with Caliber and Hold shortly.
    -CT

4. Atlas trading.

http://www.atlastrading.net/

I went there and talked with one of the owners, seemed like good place to trade. The office is like 4 buildings down from the NYSE.

5. Hold Brothers

6. Steve - you're at Hold?

I've heard horibble things about them - specifically the fee structure. Not looking to be antagonistic, but you have some credibility on this board and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

7. MAGIC2

MAGIC2

Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all of the other monkeys with cold water. After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result, all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon, when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put away the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all of the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth.

Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana. Why not? Because as far as they know that's the way it's always been done around here.

And that, my friends, is how a prop firm's trading policy begins.

Morale of the Story: Stay 100 miles away from a non-quant prop shop if ya want to make $$$!

8. Just because you failed doesn't mean that the next guy must. The beauty of the market is that I couldn't give a shit less what the guy next to me does. I do what I want and what is profitable.

I'll direct you to the first post where I inquired about REPUTABLE prop firms. Again, projection is the most revealing element of your post.

9. bonds

bonds

Has anyone heard of traders capital?

They're just north of New York city in Carmel, NY.

10. Moral of the story....you were unsuccessful trading at a prop shop, therefore you feel bitterness and hate towards all prop shops and those who trade profitably there.

#10     Mar 24, 2006