NYC Online Trading Expo

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mama, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Most of the people at this one have been at it for some time, not nearly as many newbies. This was the first expo I did not see Market Wize at :) From the vendor perspective I heard that this one was very good with a ton of B to B. A lot of the big NY banks, Citi, Chase, Bank of America (ok they are SF) etc showed up and wanted technology to throw in front of their prime brokerage clients.

Brandon

#21     Mar 3, 2003
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

lol, that's may be true but I think the show was organized very well, I found when and where of what seminar I interested easily thru the hand out. Chuck Le Beau various exit methods were interesting, he candidly admitted that he try day trading emini and wasn't good at it. As long as they keep this up I will attend.

#22     Mar 3, 2003
  3. Please let us all forget the 90's; total abberation. Only those who truly love the business are left.

The quicker we all forget 1995-2000, the better off we will all be.
    DT has been around for 100+ years; the bulk of which has been a truly difficult endeavor.

I truly hate being tarnished with the 90s brush; let's hope we can all propser without the 90s style type of trading.

Best to all still doing so.

David

#23     Mar 3, 2003
  4. There were fewer vendors this year.

#24     Mar 3, 2003
  5. links

links Guest

As one poster humorously mentioned that there was lot less free stuff this time(which btw was true). I think this pretty much sums up the current state of our industry, these are lean times. Absent were a lot of the small innovative companies, replaced by large boring predictable Fidelity, Schwab etc, both had huge booths but no crowds.

I really like going to these things not so much for the presentations, but to get a sense of which direction our industry is moving towards. As I mentioned in my previous post, there was a big push towards Emini futures, also I counted at least six companies pushing Forex trading.

Another interesting trend developing is the Single stock Futures. I sat through Peter Borish's ( of 1980's Tudor Fund fame) presentation. He is the founder of One Chicago exchange where SSF trade. apparently he said the volume of SSF is doubling every month. I believe that if SSF take off this years, this may be the end of stock day trading and replaced by emini, SSF and Forex day trading...

#25     Mar 3, 2003

6. unreal !! i had no clue peter borish was there. he is a true master of the trading game.

thanks for letting me know !

#26     Mar 3, 2003