NYC get together....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by praetorian2, Dec 31, 2001.

1. That yahoo club is a bitch to get into. Try it a few times and you'll get in. We're looking for a better place honestly. I don't use stochastics (not even sure what they are honestly). I just average into oversold stocks. I've been doing this for a year now. Basically it's a gut feel type thing, but as stocks bottom, they usually make the same sorts of bottoming patterns intraday. I wish I could be of more help to you in spotting bottoms.

#31     Jan 6, 2002
  2. praetorian, What I found interesting on all three stocks you picked was the fact that Volume played a key role in these reversals. For instance FIC. FIC an uptrending stock gets hit hard on 5 times normal volume and according to you and me (using stochastic) runs into a very oversold condition. The next day volume higher then normal but FIC goes up on increasing volume. I don't know how you spotted this stock but I can bet you you had to throw some volume alert into your scanner to pick this one up coupled a greater the normal decrease in price.

#32     Jan 6, 2002
  3. I just use top 10 decliners list honestly, and I also scan for stocks making new 60 day lows. That usually finds 90% of them. My room finds the few I miss. Yes, volume is key. Climaxing volume indicates a short term capitulation. You have to be nimble though. These usually roll over after a week or so.

#33     Jan 6, 2002