NYC firms in Midtown Manhattan or Queens?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by 79Limit, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Southwest Securities clears for Avatar traders using Lightspeed software and Assent clears for traders using Anvil software. I'm currently using Lightspeed and short list is pretty good.

#51     Feb 25, 2007
  2. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

I have been using lightspeed since january 2002. The software is great, the managment is even better, and having Schonfeld's dough behind them makes them an ideal situation for us.

It gives the stability of a first tier institution and the flexibility of a smaller shop.

#52     Mar 2, 2007
  3. pv150

pv150

You guys using lightspeed- is Avatar a sub llc and any issues with them?

#53     Mar 3, 2007
  4. EpiphanyTrading

I am not going to speak their business for them. But, the two owners, gentlemen.

#54     Mar 3, 2007
  5. cstfx

cstfx

I have met them a few times and negotiated a deal to rent space from them for not prop trading purposes. The setup there is good and comfortable, pretty much divided into different trading groups, some guys even trading bonds and futures. I am going in there with my own group of guys as well.

It is a professional setup from what I can see so far. They have a good network backbone for continued uptime. And it seems they are more interested in getting the in getting the room full of guys more so than prop trading. Even their CL ads are ambiguous as to whether or not they offer prop.

Their email is avatartrading@yahoo.com. It works because that's how I communicate with them. And they are not Assent, just a sub that trades thru them.

Hope this helps.

#55     Mar 5, 2007
  6. cstfx

cstfx

Avatar is a sub llc with Lightspeed as well. They have no affiliation other than to themselves.

#56     Mar 5, 2007
  7. How much are they asking for a desk fess at avatar
    And what about the pay out time every month or every 2 times a month

#57     Mar 5, 2007
  8. There's no desk fee if you trade Lightspeed or Anvil through them (I trade lightspeed remotely and sometimes in the office). If you want to trade lightspeed, anvil, or any other equities, futures, forex, options, etc. platform with your own retail account (no sub-account) you can just pay the desk fee. I think the guys in there now who are not trading through Avatar are paying around $1,500 for their desk fees (don't quote me). very nice office. good trading atmosphere. I always get paid out once a month, but they are flexible if I want to get paid out mid month. I just need to give them a day or two heads up to settle my account. Just trade through them to avoid the desk fee, you're not going to get better pricing and leverage with a retail account.

#58     Mar 18, 2007
  9. EpiphanyTrading

Epiphany Trading has a brand new location at 14 Wall Street. Plenty of space.

#59     Mar 18, 2007
  10. Yeah but I have heard terrible things about them though.

#60     Mar 18, 2007