NYC Expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by bigspeculate, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I can help with that answer, as Lightspeed Trader had to do the same. When MS stop supporting Win-XP, they stopped protecting that OS from attacks with updates. We have a regulatory responsibility that we could no longer meet with our software if it were to run on any OS that is no longer receiving updates. I expect that they had the same problem to address.

#21     Feb 26, 2017
  2. zdreg

zdreg

learn how to haggle and find out for yourself it is not school anymore where everything is handed to you on a sliver platter.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    #22     Feb 26, 2017
  3. Why not charge an arm and a leg. You have to be a dummy to pay any kind of money for these seminars , thus , might as well charge a stupid high price.

#23     Feb 26, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  4. kandlekid

kandlekid

Ok. I guess my problem is that a client of TD AM cannot be sure that a previously working TOS going forward will work on their platform. If MS sunsets their OS, then eventually TOS will cease to work according to the formula that you have described above. You really can't be sure that you won't have to upgrade your platform to a new OS to keep a previously working app working. Not a great way to keep your clients :( But TOS works on Linux. also :) Scr*w MS :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    #24     Feb 27, 2017
  5. Well you was all right. Pretty weak showing,on a evening. Empty presentation rooms. No book stall that I found. And the lectures seemed basic, really geared towards beginners.

#25     Feb 27, 2017
  6. state of the biz. no one in their right mind thinks trading is a useful past time these days.

i said right mind

#26     Feb 27, 2017
  7. So you don't believe there are individual /retail/home-based traders out there?

#27     Feb 27, 2017

8. For them not to have it on Saturday, when the dreamers can take off work is suicidal. Their audience needs to work during the week. Super moronic

#28     Feb 27, 2017
    DeltaHydra likes this.
  9. kandlekid

kandlekid

I think many folks there believe that trading is a get rich quick scheme. I did when I first started. The reality is somewhat different.

#29     Feb 28, 2017
  10. Sure there are. Few make any money. Few.

#30     Feb 28, 2017