NYC Expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by bigspeculate, Feb 22, 2017.

1. I see Dr Brett S. will be hosting a seminar. This makes the expo worthwhile by itself. If you attend, don't miss his talk!!

surf

#11     Feb 25, 2017
  2. Thanks for your offer of introduction, but I don't plan to attend Monday.

#12     Feb 25, 2017
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I may not make it either. Something else came up. I see you are in Brooklyn. Next time you are in Manhattan, stop by.

cheers...bob

#13     Feb 25, 2017
  4. Sure thing

#14     Feb 25, 2017
  5. TheKaiBoe

TheKaiBoe

May make the trip for Dr. Bretts seminar. I wonder if one can haggle the prices of these courses which are an outrageous $329 a pop

#15     Feb 25, 2017
  6. I too am only really interested in that lecture. Ain't no way in hell I'm paying that much, though

#16     Feb 25, 2017
  7. TheKaiBoe

TheKaiBoe

It would definitely be a great lecture, but same here.. No way in hell would I pay that money. If anyone has actually low-balled the seminars, let us know!

#17     Feb 25, 2017
  8. kandlekid

kandlekid

I'll probably stop by on Monday. I work eight blocks south of there. But not sure it's worth paying to go. Was hoping to talk to NT last year, about NT 8, but they were not there. I did ask TD AM why "TOS doesn't work under XP anymore", and they said "it's not supported", and I said, "well "not supported" does not normally mean "ceases to work" . Then can I keep TOS from doing the automatic update? No. Ah, ok, so it updates itself out of existence. " Anyway, the expo keeps getting smaller and smaller. They are still able to fill two floors of the Marquis, but most of the little vendors have left. Wish there was more algo trading represented. Can anyone say charlatan ?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    #18     Feb 25, 2017
  9. TheKaiBoe

TheKaiBoe

The show is free and there are free demonstrations, just the meat and potatoes are all paid courses. I also saw a candlestick seminar that I wouldnt mind listening in on.. but the prices for the sessions are mind numbing to say the least. If I was close, I would stop by, but if I am going to see Dr. S and attend his session, I have to head for the city in 5 hours.

#19     Feb 25, 2017
  10. kandlekid

kandlekid

Yes, I agree, as the previous poster said, the show is free. Unfortunately, the books table was not there last year.

#20     Feb 25, 2017
    TheKaiBoe likes this.