Nyc Expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marketsurfer, Dec 12, 2003.

1. John Street Pizza rules.....hands down.....no contest.

grimer11

#41     Dec 15, 2003
  2. cwjcntr

cwjcntr

I should be there...I'm up for a few drinks and possibly dinner
    in NYC..

#42     Dec 15, 2003
  3. in bklyn near bklyn bridge claims to be better pizza than johns

#43     Dec 15, 2003
  4. Yes concur....Patsy's under the Brooklyn Bridge is awesome.

Mktsurfer..for a nice burger ..try the 21 Club...very very good.

Best,
    David

#44     Dec 16, 2003
  5. Yah, it'll only cost about $200. :)

#45     Dec 16, 2003

6. price is irrelevant in the quest for the perfect burger.

i think $40.00 is the highest ever for a non-enhanced burger.....
    :p :D :p

#46     Dec 16, 2003
  7. gaj

gaj

all depends on your tastes.

i'm not a pizza 'connisseur' (spelling). most ppl who say patsy's (brooklyn) is good also say new haven pizza places blow it away...patsy's is thin, brick oven style pizza. i'm not a big fan of it.

there's a john's that's opened up in midtown (44thish and 8th) - if it's like their village counterpart, they only sell pies and not slices.

my personal faves are joe's (on bleecker/6th ave) and (something) ray's on 11th/6th. i didn't find 'great' places in midtown, but everyone's opinion is different.

for more food stuff, seriously, go to chowhound.com . and for other stuff near the expo...virgil's bar-b-q is good, there's little brazil on 46th st. (from 7th ave - 6th ave), the soup guy from seinfeld is open with huge lines on 56th and 9th (it is real good, but real expensive and there's nowhere to sit), a couple good thai places (pongsri and chanpen, 48th/8 and 51/9), a slew of 'world' places on 9th ave from 45-55. those are all places that aren't geared to large groups, however.
    you might want to target one of the breweries for that..

#47     Dec 16, 2003
  8. Patsys is the best pizza, period.

Burgers? Try Nebraskas. Small bar in the wall street area - really good burgers though. (hence the name - thats where the meats from).

#48     Dec 16, 2003

9. ...all I can say is their is a greater number of people on ET I'd like to avoid.....lol :D

rttrader1 -

#49     Dec 16, 2003
  10. ROFL!!!

Don

#50     Dec 16, 2003