NYC Expo Get Together?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashonly, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

I'll be at the Online Expo in NYC Feb 16th-19th.

I figure that there will be other EliteTraders there and was wondering if people would be interested in a group get together to put a face with a nickname.

We'd need a time that would be conducive to the most people (outside expo and seminar hours) and an easily accessible place (probably near the expo).

Whaddaya think?

If you're up for it, post here and we'll see what comes of it.

2. BruceF

BruceF

I'll be there. And I'd love to meet some other traders. That tends to be one of the more enjoyable part of these things anyway.

3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Cool! And it starts:D

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'll be there and would like to get together with anyone else willing to do so.

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

The only reason I go to the expo's is just to see other traders. The show itself can be amusing, but not much else. Toni and I will be thereFriday, Saturday and Sunday and leaving early Monday.

Brandon

6. Since we will be there with a 6 booth island this year (#403), I would be happy to have everyone meet there if they so choose. We can at least have a sign up board for other Elite Traders to leave cell phone numbers on or plan a certain time to meet.

The rest of you can be in charge, I am just offering a place to meet....(gotta be careful around here, lest I get accused of something horrible like meeting new traders) :)

7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

<i>The rest of you can be in charge, I am just offering a place to meet....(gotta be careful around here, lest I get accused of something horrible like meeting new traders) :) </i>

Don, we would hate to see you give some one an opportunity out there. That would just be terrible <G>

8. If we can all get on the same page, perhaps we can set aside an hour to meet at the booth ( I have 25 chairs there), and just say hi and chat. Since Baron is joining in, we can make it an "elite" affair. Let's pick a time on Sunday perhaps.

My brother and I are doing a free workshop from 12:30 -2PM on Sunday, perhaps we can do it at 3PM....???

9. Hey! I like the idea of a get together, but how about we take it to neutral ground. I really don't feel like being surrounded by a sales pitch for Bright Trading!

How about a place like the hotel bar. That way it's close, comfortable, and on neutral ground. And it has the added benefit of being close to libation. If Don is still feeling generous, he can buy the drinks!:D

Also, how about having it after expo hours (Sunday is a fine day). There's a lot of stuff I want to see at the expo including seminars and visiting booths and I'd rather not take time away from. How about a time like 5pm or 5:30pm. (Hey Don, that way you'll get to have even MORE hours to solicit business:D )

10. I was just offering a place to have a sign up sheet or something....If you guys like paying $7.50 for drinks, that's cool too. I only buy drinks in Vegas (that's because they're free here) :)

#10     Feb 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.