nyc expo 2011 and question.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by gaj, Jan 8, 2011.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Mine came mid last week. I used my real address for every year, and get very few vendor mailings. It coast a lot of money to print a decent brochure, and most stuff comes over e-mail.

#31     Feb 16, 2011
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Doubt it that you will see anything new there. based on your handle, you must have been observing/trading markets for close to a decade, chances of something new for you to learn from Linda is tiny.

#32     Feb 16, 2011
  3. Qty

Qty

OK, I'll be there on Sunday afternoon and (most likely) Monday. Would like to check some CME's stuff...

If you guys are planning on some sort of gathering, count me in :)

#33     Feb 18, 2011
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

What about meeting at some booth at let's say 2pm for
    Lunch on Monday?

#34     Feb 18, 2011
  5. gaj

gaj

qty - haven't heard back from anyone about sunday, so if you're coming in on the train on monday as well, there's probably not much need for sunday (unless TOS is having their party, maybe you can enjoy that?).

i'll check in on sunday pm and see if anyone new has responded, but looks like you've got a better chance to meet up on monday...

#35     Feb 19, 2011
  6. Qty

Qty

Hi gaj,

No, I plan on going Sunday afternoon mainly for checking out their pairs/spread trading strategies using different kind of futures (doubt will learn some real stuff though) not for their party (unless... of course... ;)

A Monday meet up will be fine with me. But aren't you going to be off taking care of your kids? :cool:

And now the forecast says there'll be snow/freezing rain Sunday night and Monday. I'm not sure I'll like the potential risk of getting stuck in the city (sure you know their reputation), for the reward of having lunch with you guys... :p

Will check in here tomorrow as well.

#36     Feb 19, 2011
  7. Haven't been to the expo in years. Went to the website and it seems like everyone is selling you everything under the sun. SIGN UP FOR THIS... PAID EVENT FOR THAT...

I've always been from the school of thought... that if you have a discipline...THAT WORKS!!!!! You keep it under wraps and milk it until it is saturated... I guess these "grey suit salesmen" figure otherwise. lol... Hoping to just hook up with some new programming algos and eager young programmers that can fill the latency gap that my previous programmer couldn't conquer.

I see that registration is closed...either i'm out of touch with the industry...or they really expect the masses to show up??? lol

#37     Feb 19, 2011
  8. gaj

gaj

qty - no, i'm not going on monday...as i mentioned, i'm staying home with the kids then. i was just suggesting if you had a choice for coming in sunday and monday, monday would likely be better - more time for the exhibit hall open, and at least one other ETer will be around then. and free seminars, which are hit or miss depending on both the presenter and the crowd.

anyhow, i'll be at the expo from about 3-5 or so, i'm getting together with friends for dinner downtown at 530. though i'm not tall/short/fat/skinny, i will have a black backpack, glasses, and a black elbow brace on my right arm. feel free to say something if you see me...

my trading style? i'm 99% equities, most of my trades are under a few hours in length, with some being a 2 day hold. i'll short runners reversion-to-mean, and sometimes go long breakouts. i'm not as good at going long RTM stocks, so i don't trade that way much.

moc yeah - it's just the pre-registration which has closed, you can still register at the marriott marquis.

#38     Feb 19, 2011
  9. gaj

gaj

going through the list of exhibitors...

there's oliver velez...and there's solaris securities, which doesn't have a working website but does have interesting suspicions if you google it.

#39     Feb 19, 2011
  10. I know... i see the list of "familiar" names. I just plan on walking through and seeing if anything catches my eye...as well as running into some old trading buddies....then getting bombed at the closest bar. lol

#40     Feb 19, 2011