NYC and Raleigh Traders Needed for Interviews

Discussion in 'Events' started by Baron, Aug 10, 2005.

1. LOL. That was a good one but the one I was talking about was the young guy with a three days growth of beard in the messy apartment who jumps up and gleefully announces he just made ten dollars. I think it was an ad for Schwab or one of the big brokerages who were intent on convincing people that trading on their own was dangerous.

#21     Aug 12, 2005
  2. MD-R2

MD-R2

My guess is it's not the 250 that excites them, but rather the possibility of seeing their faces on t.v. or seeing their name in print. 15 mins for everyone.

#22     Aug 12, 2005
  3. hey, remember that commercial.

that was the favorite of the head trader and most of us on the desk...

#23     Aug 12, 2005
  4. I AM in the Raleigh area but don't qualify since I'm not in the category of people who "base their trades on real-time information, rather than on careful analysis of charts and companies or in reaction to news events."

They are probably profiling the customers to whom some new intraday trading software or hardware will be sold.

#24     Aug 19, 2005
  5. What I want to know is why Raleigh? Is this some unknown mecca for HFT?

#25     Aug 19, 2005
  6. That's the area where NASDAQ's slick advertising agency McKinney-Silver is headquartered
    - founded in Raleigh, now located in Durham.

Based on McKinney's prior work, look for some hot TV spots and print ads
    to come out of these "hyperactives" interviews.

Watch the NYSE follow with its own power ads after the Archipeligo deal is finalized.

#26     Aug 19, 2005
  7. zdreg

zdreg

never let the king into your house voluntarily. it would be interesting to know how many "traders" would sell themselves for a pittance.:D

i wonder as previously said what new regulation will result.
    at best it will be limited to a dress code

#27     Aug 19, 2005
  8. zdreg

zdreg

how far is the closest decent size maill?:)

#28     Aug 19, 2005
  9. I asked myself the same question and I'm not clear myself on this. A lot of professionals in their thirties moved here with their families because of high paying jobs combined with much cheaper homes than New-York or whatever other area they migrated from. But the only person I see having time for HFT would be the wife (or husband) of the highly paid professional.

The other possibility is that the product/service provider would have offices here, which is very likely since the Triangle still has a lot of IT companies. But then, why would they limit themselves to local and NY customers?

#29     Aug 19, 2005
  10. I doubt they would do that since they say "Any information contained in the interviews as well as the videotapes will only be used for research purposes."

#30     Aug 19, 2005