NYBOT to offer electronic trading

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by just21, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Those are on NYMEX and have no volume and spreads wider than Paris Hilton's legs in a camcorder shop....

We want the ice .....ice ice baby!!!!

#11     Feb 1, 2007
  2. I'm confused... Is NYMEX going to compete with NYBOT on identical contracts? NYMEX is going to offer through GLOBEX, but NYBOT is going to offer through eCBOT? What happens when CME & CBOT merge?

Is IB now going to list both NYMEX and NYBOT softs? What a mess.

#12     Feb 1, 2007
  3. I'm confused... Is NYMEX going to compete with NYBOT on identical contracts?

Yes.

NYMEX is going to offer through GLOBEX, but NYBOT is going to offer through eCBOT?

NYMEX is on GLOBEX now, NYBOT is now (as of tomorrow) on ICE. Don't know what will happen with the CBOT agreement.

What happens when CME & CBOT merge?

If we're lucky they take eCBOT and get medieval on it.

Is IB now going to list both NYMEX and NYBOT softs?

That's what I'm hoping. They already list crude oil on both NYMEX and ICE.

What a mess.

I disagree -- it's competition. I doubt NYBOT would be so quick to get their futures electronic without the NYMEX competition. Why else would they risk the cushy legalized theft scam they have going in their pits (they call it pit trading)? It can be confusing though....and I have no clue what happened to the CBOT deal....

#13     Feb 1, 2007
  4. Xenia

Xenia

- Looks like the eCBOT thing has been cancelled.

- Looks like ICE and NYBOT have merged as of January 2007.

#14     Feb 2, 2007
  5. Xenia

Xenia

#15     Feb 2, 2007
  6. OK, but which pits should I use now when I want to get legally mugged? The NYBOT pits were one of the last few islands of pure thievery.....

#16     Feb 2, 2007
  7. IB -- are you going to offer this?

#17     Feb 5, 2007
  8. chartie

chartie

#18     Feb 5, 2007
  9. I'm not sure about those symbols you posted. I remember finding NYBOT symbols last year, and then I was told they've always been there, but only available to large institutional clients. So I don't think those are anything new -- I think we'll see new symbols for ICE.

Either way, I'll be happy :)

SSB

#19     Feb 5, 2007
  10. I would second these requests.
    Any timeline when IB will introduce electronic NYBOT trading ?

I estimate it will be only 3 - 6 months until the (liquid/front) contracts have shifted over to elec.

#20     Feb 5, 2007