NYBOT Matching algorythms???

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Aug 16, 2007.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I figured out NYBOT soft commodities matching algoryhtms were based on price/time priority, but I was first on a queue yesterday afternoon and didn't get filled... Is there some exceptions( I was on cocoa ) or is there some hidden orders?

Thanks.

2. How far ahead was the contract you were trading... CC can be very thin the further out you go.....

3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

It was not far ahead, I just improved the ask at a time the market was slow and saw 10 lots getting filled before my 2 lots.

On ICE website, they claim to use FIFO algorythm "most of the times" or something like that. I don't remember the exact sentence.

It can be a spread order or some hidden liquidity( like on cbot )or an another algorythm used at the time... I don't know I would just like to be aware of it for the next time I trade.

4. Did you contact the exchange?

The should give you an explanation
    if not a fill.

5. Slightly off topic but today I bought Dec Cocoa but I did not realize that I checked Nymex on the IB prompt instead of Nybot.

After I noticed this I got out with a limit order and placed an order to reenter at Nybot a few ticks below and I got it.:)

I did not think there was any trading in the Nymex softs but I guess there is.

The seasonal is positive for Cocoa for the next few weeks.

Regards

GC

6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

No, I haven't ever done that for anything. I got my 2 lots filled seconds after the other 10 lots fill and didn't lose anything on it

I just wanted to clarify the limit order priority on NYBOT since I am a new trader on it...

Thanks