NY Trading EXPO MEETING Feb 16-19.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by brijoverwater, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Okay lets change to 6 pm as a compromise for all; people can still make to to dinner.

6 pm then; lets stick with it.

#11     Feb 11, 2002
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

6PM is firm . I'm putting this time into our email newsletter which goes out today.

#12     Feb 11, 2002
  3. we will stick to Broadway Lounge location; we will just have to stand and get to know each other if there are space constraints; we are not going to find any place with a conference table so this will have to do. Thanks and look forward to seeing all at 6 pm Sunday

#13     Feb 11, 2002
  4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Actually, small tables and standing may be more conducive to mingling.

6p sounds good. I'll be there by 5:30p and maybe closer to 5:00p.

#14     Feb 11, 2002

5. No can do.

I'll carry an ECHO brochure instead I think you guys can understand
    :D

#15     Feb 11, 2002
  6. Okay, if people feel strongly about one or another, identify with Bright or Echo brochure. Message center at both Echo and Bright if they will accept it; otherwise meet 6 pm as planned.

It will be a good meeting.

#16     Feb 11, 2002
  7. limbo

limbo

Sounds good---should this place turn out to be a drag--I'll take us to some better places--for instance Carmines--great place -good bar and serves great italian food-- family style. We can probably put a table together that includes all of us--alittle touristy but ok. Lots of intersting people. A few blocks away is The film Center-bar/restaurant-named after the area in which it sits. It is no longer the film center in NYC however. Very cool reasonable place $ and we can put together table in the back should we wish--again nice crowd interesting people These are all options after initial meeting as proposed.

#17     Feb 11, 2002
  8. TonyOz

TonyOz

We always have fun at the Bar located at the Paramount Hotel. I think it is Whisky or something like that.

Two great restaurants I can recommend while you are in NY are:

La Mela - Italian food - no menu - about $40-$60 a person - food just keeps on coming. When we went there during the first Expo in NYC (2000), the Indiana Pacers players were eating right next to us.

Tuscan Steak - The best steak I have ever had (2001) - I spent $650 for three of us, but a big part of it was the 1994 and 1997 Jordan wine. It is pricey.

My favorite Pizza place is on St. Marks and 1st ave. It is out of the way, but we used to take a cab from Brookline to eat there late night in the early 90's when I visited my crazy trading buddies. I might go there on Sat. (I hope it's still in biz).

The delis are awesome as well. There is one very close to the hotel, but I forgot the name. Get'em Hot pastrami or Corned Beef sandwiches. Damn here I gain another 10Lbs in a week...

Anyhow, please introduce yourself if you see me. I'd really like that.

Tony

#18     Feb 12, 2002
  9. I think you mean Stage or Carnagie deli.

#19     Feb 12, 2002
  10. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Sandwiches bigger than your HEAD!

#20     Feb 12, 2002