NY Times Endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lindq, Oct 23, 2008.

1. I'll give you one small example of how anti-newsworthy the L.A. Times is. You heard a few months ago about the arrest of an ex-Chicagoan in the murder of Ashton Kutcher's former girlfriend? I was visiting L.A. around the time so the ghoul in me wanted to check out where she lived. I looked for the original 2001 article in the Times (I have a way of back dooring the Times internal search engine, :p) figuring they'd have her specific address rather than the generic "Hollywood Hills apartment" contained in the fresh reports. Turns out the Times didn't report the murder! Now one would think the murder of a model, ex-girlfriend of a sit-com actor in an apartment north of Sunset would be a pretty notable homicide. Not to the L.A. Times. Similarly I was reading about a home for sale above the Strip-something like 7mil-and there was mention that a previous owner had been murdered there in the late 90's in a possible home invasion., no arrest ever made. The Times gave it one paragraph! Can you imagine a homeowner being murdered in one of the most expensive residences in the city and it receives virtually no print? Yet if a drive by slaying happens in Compton there's a follow-up on it the next day!

#21     Oct 24, 2008
  2. Its in the OPINIONS section. There really isn't much news and facts in that section...deceptive as its title may be...

#22     Oct 24, 2008
  3. It was just anorther moronic, partisan endorsement. Unlike the media I see NOTHING cutting edge, innovative or outside the box about Obama's policies. It's as if he read a Lyndon Johnson playbook from the 1964 election.

Do you want a viable example of why the endorsement was inane? The word Pakistan isn't even mentioned. Within a year Pakistan will be the most talked about nation in the world......

#23     Oct 24, 2008
  4. Haha Pabst. Obama is going to be at civic center park in Denver Sunday, about 2 blocks from my apartment. I'll send you pics and tell him "hey" for you if you want! :p

#24     Oct 24, 2008
  5. Yannis

Yannis

6. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire......

#26     Oct 24, 2008
  7. Yannis

Yannis

That's very wise: Obama is charged with misleading the nation... :)

#27     Oct 24, 2008
  8. Haha nice. I doubt you would for anyone that may adversely affect your net worth, no matter what the cause :)

#28     Oct 24, 2008
  9. He is on fire, and you're just pissing in the wind. (As an aside, There's that grammar thing again. No doubt, you're too busy trading size to notice.)

#29     Oct 24, 2008
  10. Yannis

Yannis

And that's the other half of the idiotic liberal "one size fits all" solution to political debate: those who disagree are either greedy or stupid. You guys produce no coherent arguments - just hurl insults across the political spectrum. Got it. :)

#30     Oct 24, 2008