NY session, open today?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by AyeYo, Nov 26, 2009.

1. AyeYo

AyeYo

I don't know what the deal with forex and holidays is. London session will be closing soon. I don't dare take a position with only a half hour to go if a dead NY session is going to lead to massive spreads.

So, do holidays effect forex at all?

2. m22au

m22au

Are you trading OTC forex or currency futures?

3. AyeYo

AyeYo

otc

Guess I'll find out in three minutes.

4. AyeYo

AyeYo

11:01... all is well, spreads are the same. I'm guessing there's at least enough retail people playing.

5. m22au

m22au

Quick question ... in how many countries in the world was it 11.01am when you wrote that post?

6. Now THAT'S the kind of humour I like!:D

7. Im trading right now spreads are in check!

8. AyeYo

AyeYo

^USD/JPY and EUR/USD seem to be in check, however I mostly trade AUD/USD during the day and its spreads are swinging from normal to double normal so I think I'll call it a day. Almost time for food anyway.

Last I checked, NY session starts at 11:00ET, wise ass. That's what I was refering to.

I know full well there's always an idiot or two trading forex at 3am local time. The question implied whether the liquidity would be there without US banks open.

9. m22au

m22au

I respectfully disagree. Your first post referred to "massive spreads" rather than liquidity. These are two separate concepts.

Other than this thread, where can I find information about the starting time (and closing time, if any) of the NY session?