NY Guv Cuomo: "Confisication an Option"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Dec 22, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Cuomo is not the brightest of Democraps. They think he is great but he says a lot of really stupid things.

#11     Dec 22, 2012

#12     Dec 22, 2012
  3. No more like the well deserved but too late recall of adolf lincoln.

#13     Dec 22, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hopefully for his sake AK 47 doesn't live in NY, I'd sure hate to see the AK47 he supposedly owns get confiscated by his beloved democrats. Especially if they don't compensate him for it.
    :)

#14     Dec 22, 2012
  5. Did Cuomo say they might confiscate toy guns too? :p

#15     Dec 22, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Probably.

Earlier this year a bunch of cops actually shot to death a young man with mental health problems while carrying a toy gun. Despite the dispatcher being informed of his mental condition before they arrived.

And the anti gun lobby wants only the police to have guns?

#16     Dec 22, 2012
  7. Well that IS an effective way of handling the mentally disturbed.

Just shoot'em..

I can't wait till they start labeling everyone who has ever been prescribed psychoactive medicine security threats and used as an excuse to deny them their constitutional rights.

Just wait, it's coming.

#17     Dec 22, 2012
  8. Hilarious. Thanks for the weekend entertainment.

#18     Dec 22, 2012
  9. If you want to see something really hilarious, look at how IQ47 likes to pretend he's black :p

#19     Dec 22, 2012
  10. Before we lose our heads, let's think about it for just a minute.

I haven't read the article, and I doubt I will, but if Cuomo is saying what achilles is making it sound like, it wouldn't be surprising.

Governor Cuomo is a smart man. He knows what needs to happen, just as a great many of us do. He knows well the result in which he is trying to achieve with this kind of talk.

Q:Why do all the doomsday preppers and the environmental activists spell out the absolute worst case scenarios that could happen?

A: In order to raise awareness of an impending problem, and to get people to take some kind of precautionary action, even if it's only making a minor adjustments.

Cuomo hits us with the worst case scenario early on. It let's us know if changes aren't made, we could be looking at a full-on confiscation event.

Then he gives us a slightly better next worse case scenario: Mandatory Sale to the state.

Finally he let's us know their is an option that most people can live with- which is more regulation than we currently have in place. He never states that he is pushing for the first two options- he only points to the dire reality of the situation.

Just as we have a need to be permitted to drive potentially deadly cars, we also have a need to be tested and meet certain requirements before we can posses certain types of firearms.

It just seems like it's plain common sense to me, but I'm aware that I think differently than many others do, and I'm willing to listen to opposing views.

#20     Dec 22, 2012