NY gunman kills 13, commits suicide

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 3, 2009.

1. "Arm the public."

That means the entire public...everyone.

Insanity...

#11     Apr 3, 2009

2. Call it what you wish............I call it the second amendment.

#12     Apr 3, 2009
  3. "Arm the public"

...is not the second amendment.

It is insanity...

#13     Apr 3, 2009

4. Then explain what the second amendment is if it is not to protect your home and person from tyranny and criminals such as the one mentioned in your post that executed those people.

#14     Apr 3, 2009
  5. Having a gun in the home is not the same as carrying around a loaded gun...

What you are suggesting is insanity...

#15     Apr 3, 2009

6. Concealed carry permit allows this.......varies from state to state with some states allowing open carry. I certainly am not a gun nut but recent events nationwide show that police are spread thin. They usually arrive after the crimes have been committed. This stuff is getting a lot worse.

#16     Apr 3, 2009
  7. "Arm the public"

Is not the same as someone who has gone through the process of getting a registered handgun and a permit to carry a concealed weapon...

#17     Apr 3, 2009
  8. So, to conclude getting weapons training and arming your self
    is a good thing.

#18     Apr 4, 2009
  9. No it doesn't strike me as odd, and it has little to do with the availability of guns. What strikes me as odd, is that after all these years dopes like yourself still don't get it. Criminals and crazies will find a way to arm themselves regardless of gun control. What is it about that terribly simple concept that escapes you and your kind?

#19     Apr 4, 2009
  10. Mercor

Mercor

Seems like suicide killers are very very rare in the USA but very common in many other places around the world.

#20     Apr 4, 2009