NY expo notes

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by nkhoi, Feb 18, 2004.

1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Hey!

Me Too!

:D :D :D

#41     Feb 21, 2004
  2. I attended but did not recognize anyone, and nobody came over to say hello. I was wearing a dark suit and carrying a golf club with red stains on the face. Best to all. Steve46

#42     Feb 21, 2004
  3. Diode

Diode

Many of us attended but didn't feel the need to hook up or write about it.

But since I'm now writing about it: the best part was being able to actually grab a real life Quote.com employee by the throat and give him a piece of my mind. It's something I've wanted to do for so long. He was still breathing when I left. If they decide not to do another NY show, now you know why.

#43     Feb 26, 2004
  4. The expo seems lighter than it was last year. I sat through one of Pristine's seminars and I wasn't impressed, the same old stuff being regurgitated over and over again.

Dominion , a new firm was bashing Pristine and I found it so assonine that the founder was a guy who taught at Pristine and said he had been ripping people off for months. Not exactly a way to market.

The RealTick people had no clues on some of the problems of late, just a lot of nice looking women walking around to deflect the questions.

Overall a good "show", I did see a few "dogs and ponies"

#44     Feb 26, 2004
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

Pristine is so yesteryear but still a good start for beginner as long as they don't go crazy and go for 'platinum' level service.

#45     Feb 26, 2004
  6. I think if Quote.com decides to exhibit again they'll probably just have booth babes instead of employees due to Diode! :p

#46     Feb 27, 2004
  7. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Oh, you mean those extremely knowledgeable individuals who don't know the difference between a bid and an ask?

#47     Feb 27, 2004

8. I think everyone makes their mistake once.

Just don't repeat it.

That was the most worthless training sessions that I ever paid for, and they were expensive, with all the usuall reassurances that their training will make or break your success in trading as a career.

What a bit of malarky...

hey, did you see what they charge prospective employees, just to qualify for an interview?

you have to pay for their service, pay for their trading rooms, make money trading your own money, distinguish yourself in the trading rooms through your comments, and then apply for a job with them. that's roughly well over $10,000 in expenses, not to mention putting up close to $35,000 in a trading account.

Oh, incidently, your trading records don't count, unless they are kept at their over priced brokerage account service.

#48     Feb 27, 2004
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

wow! look like they charge extra for "Pristine" brand, folks there are many alt low cost education services just look around, ask question.

#49     Feb 27, 2004
  10. Yannis

Yannis

I took their 3-day seminar a couple of years ago and liked it very much. When I bought their video tapes later (I think I have all 7 of them) I liked them even better - imo, Velez and Capra do know how to trade and how to teach it!

Then, I traded via their brokerage at the time, The Executioner, and not only liked it but also got the money I paid for the seminar back, their services (eg, trading rooms) for free, even my DSL monthly costs back. Doing about 700 trades per month... I was getting some attention :)

For different reasons I started using IB (while trading the ES and the NQ, smaller size lots of stocks) but now that their brokerage has come of age and my stock daytrades are in the 1000-3000 share lot region, I'm planning to go back to them. For one, Realtick is an excellent trading platform, and their (MasterTrader) commissions have remained very competitive - they will be cheaper than IB for me.

I am not jumping up and down to pay for their trading rooms, but if they come for free (because of the volume I do with them per month) what's the problem? Btw, I do think that the rooms are fine, as far as trading rooms are concerned, and their swing-trade nesletter even better.

On the other hand, for those of us who understand Oliver Velez' Pristinese trading set-up language, their prospecting tool, ESP, is fantastic, really helpful!

Oh well, I guess it depends on the individual, what we like and what we don't. For me, Pristine has been great and I wish them all the best. After all, I don't plan to work for them, or for anyone else, other than my wife :)

#50     Feb 27, 2004