NY expo notes

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by nkhoi, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Out of curiosity, what did everyone think of eSignal's Quotrek demo?

What handsets did you like the best that were on display?

#21     Feb 18, 2004
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

funny guy but pull no punch when it come to day trading, ouch!

#22     Feb 18, 2004
  3. Yannis

Yannis

You know, I do appreciate a good piece of advice here and there, and I do respect other people's experience, but I feel really annoyed when some guru tells me, and a thousand others in the same room, that daytrading is not good or possible or whatever when I, and many people I know, make a good living out of it. Gosh! Makes me wonder what to bring with me next itme: my brokerage statement or some ripe tomatoes? or both?? :)

#23     Feb 18, 2004
  4. daytrader types from ex broadway , now schonefeld

anyone else besides me attend their presentation?

heard the Man cocktail party was good ...
    Alan Farley was quite funny in his commentary
    real tick gave out the brightest T shirts
    Don Bright never gets tired ... always in motion
    :)

#24     Feb 18, 2004
  5. Uni

Uni

Next time, go to the Vegas Expo...alot more stuff to do when you get bored :cool: (and I've been to both).

#25     Feb 19, 2004
  6. I was disappointed in Peter Luger's.

I think Bob Chins in Chicago burbs (Wheeling) blows them away for steak.

Many people think of Bob Chins for fish but they have one of the best LARGE porterhouse steaks in the country.

Sorry I missed Marketsurfer and others I would have liked to meet at the expo. I was the short fat guy with the fishing vest and hat looking like I just stepped out of the stream from fly fishing.

I enjoyed Alan Farley for entertainment but was disappointed with no real content. I think with Alan's confident manner and delivery he would make a good stand up comic.

I probably was most impressed with John Carter at tradethemarkets.com than any other presenter I attended.
    Very direct, very clear, and very specific.

I will probably be in Chicago to the expo in June.

I will be wearing my fishing vest & hat (I always do). If you see, me please come up and say HI.

No I am not a fisherman. I am a Holdem Poker player. I wear the hat to keep the light glare off the cards. I wear the vest for the pockets to keep the cleaner for my glasses, snack power bars for energy during long poker sessions, etc. etc. etc.

I live for the Vegas Expo :D :D :D :D

I really enjoyed my three days at the expo.

I enjoyed Nigel Hawkes "Hawkeye" presentation. It appears that TraderGuider is a very similar product. I think they may, I'm not sure, have had a connection at some point in the past.

Tera Nova tells me they will provide me with both Real Tick and TraderGuider free if I do some of my trading with them???????

As a Real Tick user, I really enjoyed most of the Real Tick presentations.

#26     Feb 19, 2004
  7. <I enjoyed Alan Farley for entertainment but was disappointed with no real content. I think with Alan's confident manner and delivery he would make a good stand up comic.>

Farley's problem is he hasn't held back too many "secret strategies" to whip out at trading expos. Just be thankful he wasn't trying to sell a damn thing :)

#27     Feb 19, 2004

8. I said thanks for at least taking the time to write the BOOK!!!:D :D

#28     Feb 19, 2004
  9. gaj

gaj

(cue elderly impersonation)

but TASR, damn it, TASR!

ah, forget it. i'm outta here.

(end impersonation).

#29     Feb 19, 2004
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

did I also see you in Bernie's webminar in some Sunday ago.

#30     Feb 19, 2004