NY couple sues 30-year-old son to get him to move out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, May 20, 2018.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Will Futurecurrents shortly be homeless? :)

Welcome to the era of Millennials...

NY couple sues 30-year-old son to get him to move out
    https://www.wral.com/ny-couple-sues-30-year-old-son-to-get-him-to-move-out-/17568494/

A couple in New York is turning to the courts to get their 30-year-old son out of the house.

In filings to the state’s Supreme Court, Christina and Mark Rotondo said they’ve been trying to get their son, Michael, to move out for moths.

They’ve issued him five written notices and even offered him money to pay for an apartment,

In a response, Michael Rotondo contends that the notices did not provide enough time for him to leave and says that during the eight years living with his parents, he’s never been expected to contribute to rent or household chores.

Residents in the area think he needs to hit the road.

“I feel bad for both of them, because he’s not learning anything by staying at home and he’s just wasting their time and money,” one neighbor said.

Because Michael Rotondo is a family member, the couple has been informed that they can only have him removed through an ejectment proceeding.

Poindexter and Tsing Tao like this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

incel with weapons huh? Trump voter surely

exGOPer likes this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Uh, what?

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Saw a report earlier yesterday, parents asked him to sell his weapons through court letters so he could get some cash to move.

5. Cut off his wifi connection for gawds sake. That's the only thing that will work with this "genre." Then lock him out when he flees to Starbucks for back-up.

UsualName likes this.
  6. UsualName

UsualName

Changing the password on the WiFi and cutting the data on the phone is a powerful incentive in today’s age.

piezoe, Cuddles and TreeFrogTrader like this.
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

(Article includes picture and video of the loser).

Judge orders 30-year-old man to move out of parents' house

https://www.wral.com/judge-orders-30-year-old-man-to-move-out-of-parents-house/17572580/

A New York Judge has ordered a man to move out of his mother and father’s home.

The parents of 30-year-old Michael Rotondo say he refused to leave after receiving several notices.

Representing himself, Rotondo made his case to state Supreme Court Justice Donald Greenwood, while mom and dad looked on.

"I'm not a burden to them at home. They don't provide laundry or food," he said.

Despite getting five written notices from his parents, dating back to February, Rotondo insists he should have been given six months notice to move out.

“A six month notice is a reasonable amount of time for someone who has been depending on persons for support,” he said. "I just want a reasonable amount of time to vacate with the consideration of the fact that I was not really prepared to support myself at the time I was served these notices."

Rotondo said he has a job, but wouldn't answer any questions about the line of work he is in.

During the proceeding, the judge applauded Rotondo's legal research, but presented him with a similar case which proves he's not eligible for a required six month notice to leave.

"I'm granting the eviction. I think the notice is sufficient," Greenwood said.

Rotondo called the ruling "outrageous."

"I don't see why the judge wants to throw people on the street," he said.

Rotondo's parents and their attorney had no comment leaving court, but Rotondo provided some insight into the dynamic under their roof.

"We don't talk. We stay out of each other's way. There's been no instances of anything. We just don't communicate," he said

Despite the outcome, Rotondo said his fight isn't over yet.

"I'm seeking an appeal," he said.

The written notices given to Rotondo included an offer to give him $1,100 to help him find a place to stay, a request that he sell anything he owns of significant value, including weapons, and an offer to pay for the repairs of a broken car left on the parents' property.

8. Cuddles

Cuddles

trumper confirmed

9. piezoe

piezoe

Sounds like there may be some mental issues. Perhaps more here than meets the eye. But it does make a good story.

10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Let's hear what the mom of the evicted millennial's son has to say about him...

Mother of evicted millennial's 8-year-old son breaks her silence saying she's scared for her own safety and reveals Michael Rotondo owns a RIFLE she pleaded with police to remove from his possession
    • The mother of failure-to-launch millennial Michael Rotondo's 8-year-old son fears the 30-year-old's mental health will deteriorate if he has to live on his own
    • The woman, who works in the beauty business, agreed to speak on condition of anonymity because no one knows Rotondo is the father of her son
    • Rotondo, who has the right to supervised visits but hasn't seen his son in months, admitted that he has had mental health problems in the past
    • He claimed that those problems have been dragged up now as a way to prevent him from seeing his son, claiming that he is being victimized
    • The mother of his son said she had pleaded with police to take his rifle from him, but they have told her there is no cause
    • Rotondo's parents took him to court this week to have him evicted from their four-bedroom house in Camillus, New York, a suburb of Syracuse
    • Rotondo said his problems with his parents really began when he lost contact with his son in September of last year
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...illennials-8-year-old-son-breaks-silence.html

(Lengthy article with details at link)

#10     May 26, 2018