NxCore is no longer offered

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by cruisecontrol, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Wow, this sucks. I always aspired to subscribe to NxCore but it was too expensive for me. And now that I'm finally profitable enough to afford it, it's gone.

What feeds are current NxCore subscribers migrating to? I'm not aware of anything else that's really comparable.

2. Metamega

Metamega

Interesting.

From my understanding of listening to Eric Hundsader on chatwithtraders( the owner of Nanex, his partnership with DTN involved just using their network and data centres.

Nanex gathered and managed the data, the API, etc. DTN’s job was to just deal with billing and getting the data to the customers from what I understood.

Wonder if he closed up shop or DTN dropped the partnership.

He does provide a unique dataset. Way above what I’d consider needing.

Remember seeing him on a documentary on the flash crash and he was showing the lag behind the SIP and the actual exchange data coming out. Their time stamps were way off from the exchange compared to what was actually happening.

Even mentioned the exchanges and SEC use his data to debug issues.

Terabyte of data a day is a little ridiculous though most of it is option quotes.

3. Craig66

Craig66

It would be good if they did put more work into the stability of IQFeed, it would suck if IQFeed folded as well, there's nothing similar out there (that I'm aware of).

4. ET180

ET180

Before I was old enough to trade, I remember the days where the premium feed would be over satellite. eSignal offered a service over Dish Network and I thought DTN offered something similar over satellite. I thought it would have been so cool to receive quotes over satellite. I think latency limitations killed that product.

5. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Sad to hear, I enjoyed the product, for the most part. Customer support was pretty good too. I did notice their API wasnt as flexible as it should have been, and updates were slow..maybe that's why they met their demise?

6. Update: Jerry responded to this thread, says NxCore is not "dead":

If a mod could change the thread title to "NxCore is no longer offered", that would be more accurate.

7. So what will people use instead of NxCore?

In my search for a data provider what I've found is that there seem to be two tiers.

Low end ($50-$300/mo) and very high end $4000+/month.

Low end solutions tend to have symbol limits, old and/or poorly designed technology and APIs, no built in database/synchronization/backfill, sometimes even poor data quality and uptime.

High end solutions tend to only be available with colocation, which means the total cost will be even higher (need to rent a rack and server).

NxCore at $650/mo with internet delivery was the only intermediate solution that I ever found. Is anyone aware of any other mid tier solutions?

8. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

I'm using Rithmic API+, and I actually find it to be a superior product for MUCH cheaper. It doesn't have the built in databasing NxCore had...but if you can use RAPI, you can likely figure out how to create a database (I use sqlite)

9. Thanks for the suggestion, I will contact them for more info.. as usual their website hardly has any info at all, seems to be par for the course with these companies unfortunately. I don't get why they do it this way.

About the DB: I'm interested in all equities, so a sqlite database with all TAQ data will likely be gigantic (>10x) compared to NxCore's compressed format (which I was told is about 2GB/day for equities TAQ). I would have to reinvent what NxCore does, which isn't completely out of the question but will definitely be a pain in the butt if I go that route.

10. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

To my knowledge Rithmic only does futures, not equites.

#10     Apr 3, 2018