NW Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by hanseng1, Jan 25, 2005.

1. what a BEAUTIFUL day in Portland today. I had an idea. If everyones a golfer, how about we meet up at a golf course? If our meeting is going to be small, lets say less than 10, we could probably fit in a couple of foursomes out. comments?

#21     Feb 8, 2005
  2. gary

gary

Hello to the traders I met at the last meeting. It was interesting
    putting faces with names and discussing different strategies, systems and styles. I can't say that I added anything from the meeting to my daily trading but I would be interested in meeting again.

Thanks Gary

#22     Feb 8, 2005
  3. Well, that would be an interesting alternative......

I play about four times a year (I used to play that much per week......). As such, I don't know if my golf course ettiquette would be conducive to trading discussions (read: excessive swearing, occasional thrown club....).

I'm definately open to the idea though.

#23     Feb 8, 2005
  4. I guess it'll have to be at a public course then :D

I haven't played much myself. I'm not a member at a private club anymore either. Heron Lakes, East Moreland, Tukwilla are pretty decent public courses. It may be a bit difficult to coordinate this with others. Maybe this could be a side thing for those that do golf. We'll have to wait to see for responses.

#24     Feb 8, 2005
  5. Tell ya what, perhaps we should set up an outing in the near future, even if its just us two.

I've not played any course here in Portland since I've moved here five years ago. I did play Pumpkin Ridge once, but that was probably seven years ago.

I've always been curious about Heron Lakes; I see it from PIR and always get the urge for a round. Just never get around to it......

#25     Feb 8, 2005
  6. PIR??? I've always watched the porsches go around that track while playing at Heron. There are two courses at Heron Lakes. Not sure which ones better... I think the one that's closer to PIR is better? I haven't played either of them since high school.

Pumpkins nice. My parents had a membership there a long time ago. My sister would be at one side of the club, and I'd be at the other side, haha. We didn't get along when we were kids.

Playing a round definitely sounds like a good idea. Heron Lakes would probably be a good choice. Easy enough for beginners, and challenging enough for the advanced. I better start practicing :)

My weekends are pretty open, so let me know. Maybe there's a couple of others in the area that wouldn't mind teeing it up.

#26     Feb 8, 2005
  7. City Grill is very crowded, loud, and small.....The lounge area at the Heathman or Embassy Suites downtown are great places imho. Sundays are great for me.....

#27     Feb 10, 2005
  8. I'm moving up to Seattle in a few months... any recommendations on restaurants, shows, etc?

#28     Jun 23, 2005
  9. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

Looking for other traders in the Seattle area. Myself and a few other traders are putting together meetings to discuss trading. If you are interested....just PM me.

VSTscalper

#29     Apr 17, 2006
  10. tireg

tireg

Hey guys and gals,

Just a reminder, our Seattle-area traders / investors get-together will be this Friday, April 28th at 7:00pm. I expect it to last a few hours.. probably until 9 or so...

The tentative location is:

Espresso Vivace Alley 24
    227 Yale Ave N
    Seattle, WA 98109
    Telephone 206.388.5164

Vivace is a cafe on Capital Hill and is nice b/c they have a nice glassed in meeting room that seats around 15-20 and free wifi, so bring your laptops if you want :)

The meeting will be pretty informal.. just introducing ourselves, trading style and open discussion of trading strategy and vehicles.. I want to talk about position sizing and managing risk as well as the various software people use.

Everyone's invited so if you've got some time on early Friday evening come down and meet some local traders!

My email is tireg47@gmail.com if you want to shoot me an email so I can add you to the meeting emails too.

#30     Apr 24, 2006