NVS 295 dual displayport

Discussion in 'Trading' started by WinstonTJ, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Unless you plan on using 30" monitors, they will perform the same.

However... the DMS-59 "Y" cable on the 290s... I had about half-dozen of them fail (too many wires crammed into a small space, I think). I changed from the 290s to 295s primarily because I thought the DP connection would be more robust and less prone to failure. So far, so good.

#11     Apr 10, 2012
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

As always, I appreciate the advice. Btw, my Family is here from CO, and I'm wanting to send them back now. Can you help with that?:D

#12     Apr 10, 2012
  3. Winston,

Jut curious.
    Got any of the Quadro NVS 420 Graphics Cards for sale?
    512 MB DDR2 PCI-Express, and supports 4 monitors.

#13     Apr 10, 2012
  4. Sort of like the CA gold rush.... where most of the prospectors hit nothing and went "tits-up"... while the big money was made by those who sold them picks and shovels?? :D

#14     Apr 11, 2012
  5. Update on the cards:
    One left (still in bag), six left that have been used (but all tested & working).

I have two of them that I've been saving to use in the two new desktops I have planned to build for the wife & I. I'll ask her - I think she only wants to run dual-monitors so I could sell one (maybe). Do you need high profile or low? I'll send you a PM.

(I'm going to get 2x Optiplex 990 SFF boxes and run i7cpu + the NVS 295 or 420 with 16gb RAM and a cheap (used/refurb on ebay) 120-128gb HDD. We finally have enough space to have his & hers desks!!)

Haha yes exactly. Things are getting a little more established but generally each new office I go to is a 100% risk and 50/50 as to whether or not they will pay. The only good thing is I refuse to front money for parts or machines (for new clients) so I have almost no downside... unlike trading...

#15     Apr 16, 2012
  6. SOLD.

33 of 37 cards went to ET'ers so I decided to keep 4 cards spare in case someone had an issue so I can do Overnight/Next-Day warranty swaps.

Didn't realize these cards were that popular but I'll keep my eyes out for more.

#16     Apr 23, 2012