Nvidia Quadro vs Matrox 550 vs ATI 9000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sterling, Apr 21, 2003.

1. HI All

Is there a dual monitor card out there that is the undisputed champion when it comes to viewing text and numbers clearly?

Sterling

2. HI Again

By the way, Matrox has 2 new Dual Head cards out on the market. Im planning on building a new machine and was looking for the best. The model number are 650 and 750. Check em out at www.matrox.com

3. I can't honestly compare the video cards because I haven't use the different types of cards.

I can however recommend the matrox products because I've used them.

4. trader3

trader3

I use Matrox cards and they work well, but have a very annoying bug. They often cause the open windows to disappear when they should be on the taskbar. Matrox tech support is quite bad so they have been little help with this persistent problem. If I am not mistaken, they use software to redraw many of the windows and I think this is the cause of the problem.

5. MrX

MrX

I can't compare either since I only use the ATI Radeon VE but I would definitely not recommend it.

ATI is a ok card for single monitor use but with 2 monitors the other monitor is blurry. To remedy it I bought another cheep ATI card for the second monitor (Per a helpfull post) and it works ok.

One of these days I will try the MATROX since everyone seems to have nothing but the best to say about it.

6. Matrox.

7. wallaby

wallaby

Howzit Sterling

I too have not used a Matrox, so cannot comment directly, but
    most people have reasonable/good things to say about their cards.

At the moment I am using some (oldish) dual head Appians in one of my systems to run quite a few monitors, and have not had any major problems. Some of their new model cards look good too - they do quad head as well.
    www.appian.com

Cheers

8. Salmon

Salmon

Matrox is best, very speedy 2D acceleration, by the way, the 2 new cards 650 and 750 have only 125 bit memory interface while old G400 has dual bus speed, 256 memory interface.

9. In addition to being a Matrox user myself, I don't know of many bad experiences from other Matrox users.