Nvidia Multi-Monitor Cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cwb1014, Jul 24, 2002.

1. The Matrox Parhelia cards are now being sold thru some retailers...Triple Head support...I will definitely have that installed on the next pc/workstation I ordered...Cheapest I have found them so far is at www.monarchcomputer.com for $345...CDW has them for $389...My best guess is they will be 10-20% cheaper by the end of the year...

#11     Jul 24, 2002
  2. gnome

gnome

Wally,
    You might have to buy new video cards. When I switched from 98 to Win2000, found out that my old cards were not supported by Win2000 and had to buy new.

#12     Jul 24, 2002
  3. bob5e

bob5e Guest

Just installed the PNY Nvidia Quadro4 550 XGL card that powers two Samsung 181T LCD's. I chose the 550 XGL because I can run either analog, digital, or both. Cheapest I could find for the card was $330. Quadro4 cards were specifically made for research and financial markets. Running Tradestation 6 with no problems. Very pleased with both products.

I originally tried the Matrox Parhelia but the card was DOA. Second Matrox card that I have sent back . . . not buying them anymore.

#13     Aug 20, 2002
  4. ojo

ojo

I think Matrox has good for multiple monitor solution

If you dont play games then you pick G200 multi Quad (something like that) get it from Ebay... I think its about 159 now

its PCI so you can use it with your AGP card
    or you may grab 2 G450 PCI version does the same job and better performance.

If you play games then I would pick Matrox's Parhelia-512
    It can run 3 monitors on itself along with G200 Quad you can connect upto 7 monitors

I would avoid Nvdia Geforce cards it looks poor on 2D but maybe doesnt matter looking at charts.....

ATI....I dont know if they sold in the US but should be...
    Pick any AGP cards with dual monitor support along with RADEON VE PCI version if you like the picture.

#14     Aug 26, 2002
  5. i have bought FOUR Matrox dual cards and have not had one problem with any of them (using them for YEARS). MINE WORK GREAT! you must be breaking them during installation.:(

#15     Aug 26, 2002
  6. I use them also. Just be soft when you put them in :eek:

#16     Aug 26, 2002