Nuvo

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by michaelscott, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Sell UKO QW 2007/05/19 put on DENDREON CORP at $17.50 26 $3.30 $5.50 $14,300.00 66.67% $5,720.00
    Sell CDQ PA 2007/04/21 put on NUVELO INC at $5.00 153 $0.40 $0.80 $12,240.00 100.00% $6,120.00

#21     Apr 13, 2007
  2. hels02

hels02

Boy are those stupid recommendations.

#22     Apr 13, 2007
  3. That was done two days ago chief...11k or so gain stupid?

#23     Apr 13, 2007
  4. hels02

hels02

Ahh. Good point, didn't notice the dates.

Think DNDN is going up from here for a bit, I stopped tracking NUVO when I sold, it was only a short play to begin with.

#24     Apr 13, 2007
  5. ACOR NOW UP 14%

Hels you're in right?

#25     Apr 16, 2007
  6. hels02

hels02

No, I'm not... these prices are too high for me, and I don't think it's a given that ACOR will keep going up. I wouldn't consider shorting, but the price is past the 'sure profit' stage atm:p.

Plus, I've got myself in an interesting position with DNDN. I am waiting, hoping, the price will drop below $15 for a while so I can get put some cheap stock:p. So far, that's not happening:(. No matter, I make money either way.

Did you see the article from the doctor who was short DNDN today? And then the rebuttal from the doctor who was long?

It's like a little drug soap opera... interesting:p.

What makes you think ACOR will keep going? I have looked at the news and saw nothing to indicate that ACOR has not already topped, or approaching it. Their bottom line isn't that great, and their pipeline is no better than anyone else's, and they have already made incredible gains in the last 3 days.

I see nothing special fundamentally, technically, or newsworthy about ACOR. So unless you have some special inside information no one else has access to... tell me why it's compelling to buy NOW. :)

#26     Apr 16, 2007
  7. Geez Hels you have this way of making ACOR sound so evil!

Daniel S. Loeb, who runs the hedge fund known as Third Point LLC, sent a letter to Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR), telling the company it would be better for shareholders if the company tried to find a buyer. There was no ultimatum. Third Point is known as an “activist” hedge fund. It agitates for change when it thinks the executives of the company begin running the company for themselves, rather than shareholders. So far, it has not alleged any nefarious motives against the management of Acorda. It has managed a 29% annual return since it was founded in 1995.

Acorda is one of the most successful biotech IPOs of 2006. Acorda priced very modestly at $6 per share in February of 2006, and then the stock started a downward trend that took it to almost $2 per share in September. But then Acorda announced that Fampridine-SR produced a very significant improvement in the walking distance of patients with multiple sclerosis. Take that hels!

The stock shot up to $24, and it closed Friday, six months later, at $24.17. It's UNDER THAT TODAY A YEAR LATER WITH GOOD NEWS COMING OUT AT A conference SOON!!!!! What’s not to like about a stock that has given its IPO investors a 300% return in one year? Loeb alleges that Acorda’s plan to promote Fampridine in the U.S. will end up costing the company more than it could achieve through an outright sale of the company. That's got me concerned and why I will be selling soon! ~SI

#27     Apr 16, 2007
  8. hels02

hels02

I know all that... that action was from back in February, Stoney. Why would I buy it today?

And no, I am not trying to make ACOR sound evil, just that I don't see what makes it special:).

Do you know what will come out at the conference?

#28     Apr 16, 2007
  9. I'm betting on bigger and better news....
    and yes that Feb news shows a stk that has been dormant too long. It is time to help out Michael J Fox and stop pretending MS isn't a big disease!

Let's Get Serious About MS!
    Helping Investors One Day At A Time
    Stoney Enterprise Inc....

#29     Apr 16, 2007
  10. Well I'm packing my bags folks. Off to the four seasons! Got to love a company that has conferences at such swanky joints.

Acorda Therapeutics to Present at 7th Annual Fortis Biotech Conference
    BusinessWire - April 18, 2007 7:00 AM ET

Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.(R) (Nasdaq: ACOR) today announced that Ron Cohen, President and CEO, will present at the upcoming 7th Annual Fortis Biotech Conference on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 9:00 am British Summer Time (BST), 4:00 am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
    *The conference is taking place at the Four Seasons Hotel Park Lane, Hamilton Place, Park Lane, London, England. >>>

#30     Apr 23, 2007