Nutcase Rosie To Host Price is Right?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jun 20, 2007.

1. This is a joke, right? At least she could carry on the show's tradition of the host sexually harrassing the women who work there.

Rosie O'Donnell Wants 'Price' Job

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "The Price Is Right" needs a host, and Rosie O'Donnell is interested. Very interested. The 45-year-old said on her blog recently that she was meeting with the "Price" people this week and that she "sure would" accept the job if they offer.

"I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT," she wrote, the capitalization underscoring her feelings.

CBS and FremantleMedia North America, which produces the hit game show, have been seeking a replacement for the venerable Bob Barker, who retired this month after 35 years as the show's host.

Among those reportedly in the running are Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley. But Barker said O'Donnell is his pick.

"She knows the show," he said backstage at Friday's Daytime Emmy Awards. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

CBS and FremantleMedia had no comment Tuesday.

O'Donnell's spokeswoman, Cindi Berger, was not specific about the ex-"View" commentator's plans: "Rosie is meeting with several networks about a lot of different ideas."

"The Price Is Right" is filmed in Los Angeles. O'Donnell lives in Nyack, New York, near New York City, with her partner and their four children.

2. Revamp and revitalize the show Rosie style with her bashing the contestants and making them cry and fight like on Jerry Springer.

Could be quite the ratings coup if orchestrated properly.

3. AAA's fantasy of the "Price Is" Right is to have Rush Fatbaugh playing Bob Barker (after all, rush is nothing but a windbag barker), anorexic Man Coulter will wear skimpy outfits and point and smile like a dumb blonde (a talent she has perfected) and Sean Hammity will be yelling: "Come on down, you're the next contestant on the Right is Right."

To be shown on Fox News, of course...

4. Very funny. Seriously, if you were in charge of it, would you even consider Rosie after the mess she made on View? Is she remotely appealing to the demographics of The Price is Right?

5. I hope she gets the job so she will fail.

6. I would consider it short term, sure.

Rosie is not going to stick with it even if wildly successful. If hiring her can get them instant ratings while they try out replacements, why not?

Remember other game shows who had hosts move on, like Family Feud. They survived...

7. Do you guys watch game shows? Why?:confused:

8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

While I don't agree with anything she says and I think she is a traitorous cunt, you could hardly argue that she made a mess of The View since its ratings during the time she hosted stayed very high and the show was highlighted almost nightly on the evening news for this thing or that thing Rosie said.

9. hcour

hcour Guest

It's the friggin' Price is Right, girls. Unless they've got Bin Laden hosting it, who gives a shit? Sheesh.

H

10. hcour

hcour Guest

Maybe it's a gay thing?

H

#10     Jun 21, 2007